Adding acid every two days and rough deposits

Apr 26, 2012
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I had my pool replastered two years ago. Use BBB method. 40000 gallons.

I have to add about 1/2 gallon of acid every week to keep PH balanced. Is this normal?

My calcium tests about 300. I am getting little hard nodules that are hard to brush off and have to be lightly sanded off my swim ledge and elsewhere. Is my calcium too high?

Thanks for the help!

Calcium is okay at 300. What's TA? How high do you let pH climb before you add acid? Play with poolmath a little. Plug in all your numbers including temperature, and see what CSI is. Then see what happens if pH goes up a bit. Do the same with TA and temperature. You'll see that CH actually affects CSI less than you imagine. pH and TA are the killers.

1/2 gallon weekly in a pool that size doesn't sound that bad to me. My fill water has high alkalinity, and I probably use a quart a week in a 16,000 gallon pool.

Not much acid for a pool that size generally speaking. Curious about the answers for Richard's Q's. If what you describe is scaling, I would venture that you're letting the pH climb far too high for too long, and or too often.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.