Above ground replacement advice needed

May 3, 2008
It has been several years since I have been posting on here, last time was when I converted from Bacquacil to BBB.

I have an 18x33x52 (oval) above ground with buttress. Pool is 14 years old, original liner, but the buttress have rusted through.
One has collapsed on itself and the wall has pushed out a bit. Having inspected the remaining, 1 other has completely rusted through. I have temporary wall support beams bracing the 2 affected panels. Will not allow family to have huge party but continue to use pool for quick dips.

I am currently looking to buy a new pool and need some recommendations. I am looking to purchase this week in order to have installation completed next month and still enjoy the pool this summer.

Do I go with a buttress-Less system or not?

I am currently looking at resin ledge and channels, is this worth it?

Anyone who may have recently purchased a similar size pool, your input is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome back Marc! :cool: I don't have an oval pool but I would highly recommend looking at poolsupplyworlddotcom. They were great with my order last year and they have the buttress free and resin pools too. Please keep us updated and post pics of your new build!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.