Ports don't line up in bench - ugh

Mar 31, 2012
So when I cloud the pool last year I removed the spa jets, but did not re-instal the outer rings between that hold the bench to the pipes (because they broke when being removed, and I ordered spares). So basically I just plugged the pipes with the plugs, but they were free to move behind the bench. Yeah, bad idea. :mad:

so of course w/the harsh winter the pipes have moved slightly behind the bench. One has moved about 1/2", the other about an 1/8 of an inch. I can reinstall the jets, but the outer rings won't secure anymore because their not properly aligned...

Any safe way to realign the bench bulkhead w/the pipes? It's a concrete deck, which I'd prefer to not rip up.

TIA

There is nothing I would consider completely safe that will work. You have a balancing act between brute force and causing more damage. Or to put that another way, the only way I know to get things lined up is to force it and that always risks causing further damage.

Thanks Jason - that's what I thought. I'm going to see if I can slightly "elevate" the seat to see if that gives me enough clearance to get the bulkhead fitting started... otherwise I'm breaking up some concrete!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.