Austin's pool tech shock

I used that brand all last summer and am using again this year. $2.50 a gallon is a great price, I pay $2.99. Not sure what the turn over rate at you hardware store is so you might wan to check the dates on the bottle for freshness.

Well. Austin's plant is about 1/4 mile from both my house and the hardware store. It's probably as fresh as you can get it
While the drive from the plant may be short, how much does the store sell? If it is a slow mover for the store you go to you may be getting product that is months/years old.

Last edited:
I hear ya. They sell A LOT! The guy told me they sell all season long. But, I will check the dates.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
At that price I would expect it. I grew up in Florida and every pool store sold chlorine. It was culture shock to move to SC and find out they didn't sell it here. The pool stores say it's "illegal" to sell liquid chlorine in SC. I almost want to make a Smokey & the Bandit run from Florida....

I'm currently using the Austin's. I got mine at ollies after someone here told me about it! My only complaint is a weird one...I'm so used to the 121 oz bleach bottles that I find the full gallon hard to pour. The bottle is a different shape and likes to try to drip when I'm done pouring. I guess the bleach companies have the low down on neat pouring or something.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks to me like there are two extra digits in that code. I was confuse at first but since you did say that the box is from last year, I would say that the relevant digits are 16179, which is the 179th day of 2016, or June 27, 2016. Not sure what the "27" is for I believe the MA means that it was manufactured in Austin's Massachusetts plant. I have a box of Austin Pool Shock that I bought in April and the date code on it is 17088MA-1(1) which is the 88th day of 2017, March 29.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.