Laceygirls New Pool - Intex 18 x 9 x 52....

laceygirl

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Dec 31, 2013
Canberra Australia
I'm doing a thread in the Construction section, but its more like a blog, so I thought I would do a super short version of my pool build....

Here is the old spot where my little Bestway Pool was.... I loved it so much, I sold it and bought a bigger pool....

We had to remove the concrete that was holding the pavers in place......

Clearing the site is well underway....

Had to remove a huge tree stump......

It took the hubby a fair bit of effort.....

Almost gone.....

Still clearing the site... This was backbreaking work and took us about 2 weeks by hand....

Till we hit the second tree, and it was harder to remove than the first as it went underneath the boundary fence....

The second tree stump was also bigger than the first.... So proud of my hubby, he worked really hard and did a great job... :)

More next post.....

Here is a progress pic.... This is when we decided we needed to remove two rows of pavers towards the house....

The new pool arrived.... 10 hour round trip to pick it up...... The price made it worth the drive.....

We mocked up the frame to give us an idea of how the pool was going to fit in such a small space...... But it did.... :)

Yard is finally cleared.... :) I don't have to worry about the level as I'm filling with stuff like crush 'n' run... In Australia its called Blue Metal Dust....

New Fittings Showed Up... Time to cut a hole in the pool... Two holes actually.... I have two suctions factory fitted on my pool... :)

Here's how we modded the pool.....

Here is my peristaltic pump that's going to stop me from destroying every t-shirt that I own......

It came with spares and tubes and its the bestest little thing I've purchased so far... I cannot wait to get the tank to go with it....

My Railway sleepers arrived today....

Just a quick mock up of the frame.... Will do more work tomorrow... :)

How exciting!! Looks great so far, can't wait to see it all done.

MermaidMama

18' Round x 52" Doughboy AGP
Powerline XP Pump 1 HP
Aquaview 17" Sand Filter
TF-100 Test Kit

JUST WAITING ON INSTALL!

This is for all intex owners who are wondering just how much you can spend on a little pool like this.....

So far I have spent:-

Pool $580
Delivery $150
New Strainer Connectors & Nuts $30
Railway Sleeper Supports $132
Hayward Thru The Wall Skimmer $58
5 PVC Ball Valves 2" $59
20m x 50mm PVC Flexihose $200
Onga/Pentair Pump & Filter $700
Wireless Pool Thermometer $25
4 outdoor Heavy Duty Powerpoints $320
Stenner Chlorine Injection $120
Chlorine Tank & Parts $300 ($100 of that is delivery from the US :-( )
Outdoor Storage Box $150
XL Test Kit and Stirrer $150 (and delivery from US)
New Resin Ladder $200
Total ======
$3174

And that's not including landscaping except for the sleepers...

Here's todays efforts, had to remove another row of pavers close to the house....

This is where the sleepers will meet....

Here is the ridiculous piece of concrete attached to an even more ridiculous piece of steel

Now I have another gaping hole underneath my fence... Thank goodness I'm using crush and run because there are holes everywhere.... I need something strong to fill in where we have dug...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks ariel68 :) About to get back out there and keep going.....

Here was one of the problems, the front yard isn't square.... The string line represents where the sleeper will be.... I'm not happy about it, but there's not much I can do in such a small yard....

This pic shows just how close I'm getting to the house....

And a height reference for the ridiculous overkill of a fence anchor... What were they thinking???

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Levelling ANYTHING sux.....

Hi B15nut :) Its actually the front of my house, so the TV room... :) On really hot days we turn the 55 inch plasma, reposition the surround sound and watch Dive In Movies :) Would love to buy a projector next year, as I have a lovely wall that I want to install an outdoor screen on.... :)

Hi B15nut :) Its actually the front of my house, so the TV room... :) On really hot days we turn the 55 inch plasma, reposition the surround sound and watch Dive In Movies :) Would love to buy a projector next year, as I have a lovely wall that I want to install an outdoor screen on.... :)

You just gave me my next project! Thanks.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Got the sleeper closest to the house, layed and levelled today :thumleft:... It really showed me how uneven the tiles are behind it... lol :) Tomorrow we are aiming to get the other longest side done, I need to go buy more edging pins to hold the sleepers in place, but then I will let things settle for 2 weeks and the blue metal dust and plate compactor challenge BEGINS......:rambo:

More pics when the other sides are done....

Thanks mac.dblues... :) But now I've got to go and pull everything back down and I'm moving the whole frame hopefully about 30-50cm to the right..... I don't like the actual positioning of it at the moment, so more work to do today....

Wow!! It's going to be a sweet reward when you are floating in that pool. Keep at it!

MermaidMama

18' Round x 52" Doughboy AGP
Powerline XP Pump 1 HP
Aquaview 17" Sand Filter
TF-100 Test Kit

JUST WAITING ON INSTALL!

Thanks mac.dblues... :) But now I've got to go and pull everything back down and I'm moving the whole frame hopefully about 30-50cm to the right..... I don't like the actual positioning of it at the moment, so more work to do today....

Better to decide you don't like it now than after you get it set up and wanting to be in it come summer!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I think we've cracked it finally.... We did some re-jigging and re-measuring and we think we've finally made it fit, WITHOUT HAVING TO MOVE THE FENCE.... :super:

Its just awesome really... I was lucky to have found about 10 different fully assembled 18 x 9 intex pool photos that were really detailed, and with the intex footprint details, we were able to make an educated guess as to how much room we would need....

The sleepers do stick out underneath the boundary fence, but not by very much at all.... Mission Accomplished.... :whoot:

This is the rough final placement...

As you can see, we've still got room at the front door, and I'm going to repave in front of the door and fill in the rest of the pathway with the heaps of leftover pavers we have.....That's Genevieve the site manager.... :)

See? We didn't have to go too far out under the fence at all.... :) Nice compromise....

More when the electrician has been on Wednesday....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.