Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Thread: Laceygirls New Pool - Intex 18 x 9 x 52....

1. Back To Top    #281

TFP Guide

Re: Laceygirls New Pool - Intex 18 x 9 x 52....

Hi Kim Kats, yup that's what they do... I don't mind it takes a couple of days, as when they play with it too aggressively it just leaves the powder on the bottom of the pool in the corners... So it should be done by this afternoon... I've still got good chlorine levels... I'm about to go test it actually.....

I just took the solar cover off, and this is what greeted me this morning......

TzBSmiEXQ4eVIGIpET7pUw.jpg

Perfectly balanced water! All thanks to this website.... Hubby has the tummy bug today so he will be sitting today out.... Bummer......
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

2. Back To Top    #282

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl View Post
    Hi Kim Kats, yup that's what they do... I don't mind it takes a couple of days, as when they play with it too aggressively it just leaves the powder on the bottom of the pool in the corners... So it should be done by this afternoon... I've still got good chlorine levels... I'm about to go test it actually.....

I just took the solar cover off, and this is what greeted me this morning......

TzBSmiEXQ4eVIGIpET7pUw.jpg

Perfectly balanced water! All thanks to this website.... Hubby has the tummy bug today so he will be sitting today out.... Bummer......
    That water looks great. Enjoy!

Cornelius 15 Round , Semi Inground, TF-100 Test Kit, Speedstir,
    Hayward 2 Speed Pump Swimpro 150 Cartridge Filter,Intermatic Timer, Hardplumbed,
    Pool Rover S2-50, 2 Maytronics Solara Heating System Panels.

3. Back To Top    #283

BOYS!!!!!!!! Only good for overdoing everything! LOL

Are you SURE there is water in there??? That looks awesome!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #284

Your water looks amazing! Enjoy!

3.2 x 6m | inground concrete | ~27,000 litre | 1.2 - 1.8m | salt and pepper mini pebble | SWCG Atral eq35| Viron xt 1.5 HP VS pump | Astral CA280 sand filter | DB3 robot | 2 x LED lights | travertine coping and paving | ceramic waterline tile |

5. Back To Top    #285

TFP Guide

Its still 36 degrees celsius at 7pm, its really hot, so I'm considering another swim.... The water temp is perfect....

Thank you everyone for your compliments on my water... I'm very pleased with how its come up... It looked like slimy crud two days ago with no filter and two boys chomping at the bit to get in, so I relented... Luckily all is good now and the summer just got bearable....
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

6. Back To Top    #286

Gee, that's hot! We got to only about 32 today but felt hotter. Can't believe the heat wave down south at the moment. Definitely go for an evening swim. We moved a few big boulders and booked in a dingo for Monday to break up these palm tree roots we're left with and move one big boulder we can't lift. Kind of glad dig isn't until early February as it's taking us ages to get the yard prepared.

3.2 x 6m | inground concrete | ~27,000 litre | 1.2 - 1.8m | salt and pepper mini pebble | SWCG Atral eq35| Viron xt 1.5 HP VS pump | Astral CA280 sand filter | DB3 robot | 2 x LED lights | travertine coping and paving | ceramic waterline tile |

7. Back To Top    #287

TFP Guide

Wow its a hot one here today.. Samson was the first in the pool this morning and he came out with the sorest red eyes..... It wasn't until then I realised I'd forgotten all about TA.... I did the test, lucky I did..... My TA was at 70 which is way too low and my pH had blown out to over 8.2....

Straight to the pool calculator, and it was such a quick fix it wasn't funny.... I had to add nearly a 800gm of baking soda to get my TA up to 90, and 300 grams of dry acid to get the pH down.... I'm going to let it circulate for half an hour then get back in and test it again.... The water does feel divine with the added Baking Soda.... Pretty sure she's running at near perfect levels now.... Baking soda is so important... I can't believe I forgot about TA.....

8. Back To Top    #288

Should be as good as gold in no time. You're all over your pool chemistry.

9. Back To Top    #289

What I love is you knew just what to do! Knowledge is power! No need to run the water to a pool store and having to buy their over priced stuff!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #290

TFP Guide

We've had some awful weather here these last couple of weeks... Its been stinking hot, then hideous thunderstorms and hail... On the plus side I haven't had to top the pool up due to the amount of rain we've had...

I'm pleased to say that all solutions offered by Reece plumbing are still working with no leaks.... We are concreting the front yard this winter so the pool area WILL NEVER have to be levelled again....

11. Back To Top    #291

That's great! It's 39 degrees here right now... a pool would be nice On the plus side, council approval came through on Thursday.

12. Back To Top    #292

Lacey who will pay for the concreting? I am sure you got your landlord's permission but will he throw any money at it?

Kim

13. Back To Top    #293

TFP Guide

Sadly no Kimkats, but it will save me a tonne of work in the long run...

14. Back To Top    #294

TFP Guide

Hi everyone.... I have some cool pool news... My family went on a holiday for a week to Queensland here in Oz to do the theme parks and to visit hubby's dad... It was such an awesome time, but the pool sat there and did nothing for 6 days, and then another 7 days after I got home.... I've just started my 3 year uni degree so when I got home I was busy organising the kids and myself for back to school...

Well the pool went green, and I mean slime green, pea green... It was kind of cool actually.... I finally got to turn a green swamp into a sparkling oasis..... Bearing in mind I did this without a test kit..... I SLAMMED it with 15% bleach 50 litres of it, and it broke the algae cycle and in 2 DAYS it was totally clear, I'm just waiting for the chlorine levels to drop so I can test everything.....

It was very cool to watch it go from pea soup to super clear water.... It can be done folks, quite easily if you have the bleach...

15. Back To Top    #295

Living a charmed life there girl!!! Glad you have fun on your get away! Now keep up in the loop on how your classes go. Don't forget to jump in the pool, if only for only a couple of mins, each day to help you unwind.

Kim

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415