Laceygirls New Pool - Intex 18 x 9 x 52....

Hi Kim Kats, yup that's what they do... I don't mind it takes a couple of days, as when they play with it too aggressively it just leaves the powder on the bottom of the pool in the corners... So it should be done by this afternoon... I've still got good chlorine levels... I'm about to go test it actually.....

I just took the solar cover off, and this is what greeted me this morning......

TzBSmiEXQ4eVIGIpET7pUw.jpg

Perfectly balanced water! All thanks to this website.... Hubby has the tummy bug today so he will be sitting today out.... Bummer......

Hi Kim Kats, yup that's what they do... I don't mind it takes a couple of days, as when they play with it too aggressively it just leaves the powder on the bottom of the pool in the corners... So it should be done by this afternoon... I've still got good chlorine levels... I'm about to go test it actually.....

I just took the solar cover off, and this is what greeted me this morning......

View attachment 71904

Perfectly balanced water! All thanks to this website.... Hubby has the tummy bug today so he will be sitting today out.... Bummer......
That water looks great. Enjoy!

Its still 36 degrees celsius at 7pm, its really hot, so I'm considering another swim.... The water temp is perfect....

Thank you everyone for your compliments on my water... I'm very pleased with how its come up... It looked like slimy crud two days ago with no filter and two boys chomping at the bit to get in, so I relented... Luckily all is good now and the summer just got bearable....

Gee, that's hot! We got to only about 32 today but felt hotter. Can't believe the heat wave down south at the moment. Definitely go for an evening swim. We moved a few big boulders and booked in a dingo for Monday to break up these palm tree roots we're left with and move one big boulder we can't lift. Kind of glad dig isn't until early February as it's taking us ages to get the yard prepared.

Wow its a hot one here today.. Samson was the first in the pool this morning and he came out with the sorest red eyes..... It wasn't until then I realised I'd forgotten all about TA.... I did the test, lucky I did..... My TA was at 70 which is way too low and my pH had blown out to over 8.2....

Straight to the pool calculator, and it was such a quick fix it wasn't funny.... I had to add nearly a 800gm of baking soda to get my TA up to 90, and 300 grams of dry acid to get the pH down.... I'm going to let it circulate for half an hour then get back in and test it again.... The water does feel divine with the added Baking Soda.... Pretty sure she's running at near perfect levels now.... Baking soda is so important... I can't believe I forgot about TA.....

We've had some awful weather here these last couple of weeks... Its been stinking hot, then hideous thunderstorms and hail... On the plus side I haven't had to top the pool up due to the amount of rain we've had...

I'm pleased to say that all solutions offered by Reece plumbing are still working with no leaks.... We are concreting the front yard this winter so the pool area WILL NEVER have to be levelled again....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi everyone.... I have some cool pool news... My family went on a holiday for a week to Queensland here in Oz to do the theme parks and to visit hubby's dad... It was such an awesome time, but the pool sat there and did nothing for 6 days, and then another 7 days after I got home.... I've just started my 3 year uni degree so when I got home I was busy organising the kids and myself for back to school...

Well the pool went green, and I mean slime green, pea green... It was kind of cool actually.... I finally got to turn a green swamp into a sparkling oasis..... Bearing in mind I did this without a test kit..... I SLAMMED it with 15% bleach 50 litres of it, and it broke the algae cycle and in 2 DAYS it was totally clear, I'm just waiting for the chlorine levels to drop so I can test everything.....

It was very cool to watch it go from pea soup to super clear water.... It can be done folks, quite easily if you have the bleach... :)

Living a charmed life there girl!!! Glad you have fun on your get away! Now keep up in the loop on how your classes go. Don't forget to jump in the pool, if only for only a couple of mins, each day to help you unwind.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.