Laceygirls New Pool - Intex 18 x 9 x 52....

Soon Casey.... :) After today's efforts, all I need now is my Blue Metal Dust, and the insulation to go underneath it.... We just got an $800 electricity bill, someone most probably the previous tenants, had our hot water system turned up way too high, so I was burning electricity for nothing.... So it will be two more weeks before I can get what I need delivered....

This took a fair bit of time actually... Trying to get the whole frame level with each side... I'm pretty proud of our efforts.....

The frame is level..... :)

Ok, just working out the math for how many pieces of insulated foam I'm going to need.... The foam is 2500mm long x 600mm wide x 30mm thick.... The area I wish to cover is just the very bottom of the pool where the liner meets the ground.... The footprint I need to fill is 5500mm x 2750mm.....

To make it fit a little better, I'll use 10 full pieces plus two extra to fill in the space at the end.... So a total of 12......

How are you keeping those sleepers in place and from moving around?

They will be embedded into cracker dust and dry concrete then wet to set.... The sleepers will be level with the pavers and the ground... The pavers will fill in the gaps around the outside of the sleepers, and they will be laid on a bed of cracker dust and concrete as well.... Best friends hubby is a paver for a living... :) I didn't think I'd need him as I was going with grass, but I've got so many pavers left overs I figured I'd just use them and have them cut to fit... :) Save me some cash... :)

Lacey I have so enjoyed following your build threads. Your are a loving and dedicated mother to your children. You are most definitely a " Go Getter" reminds me of Casey not afraid to get your hands dirty or your feet wet.

One other thought I like comparing Oz word meaning to what we say in the USA. Keep it coming.

Lacey I have so enjoyed following your build threads. Your are a loving and dedicated mother to your children. You are most definitely a " Go Getter" reminds me of Casey not afraid to get your hands dirty or your feet wet.

One other thought I like comparing Oz word meaning to what we say in the USA. Keep it coming.

Thanks a lot Stump, that's very sweet ;).... I'm definitely not the girlie girl, but I can get into girlie things no dramas..:)......And my kids are the coolest things on the planet...... I'll keep translating my Australian Slang to American...... :)

I just read your location, and I've got "O-------Klahoma when the wind comes sweepin' down the plain" stuck in my head now.... :)

I love getting dirty! :mrgreen: I'll save getting wet for the pool and shower! :lol:

G'day all :) We've got a busy couple of weeks coming up, its Samson and my hubby's birthday in two weeks, I gave birth to Sam on Daves birthday...lol.... David also has a twin brother, so there's three people in our family all on the one day.... I've been worried for weeks about what to get him until I stumbled onto the the whole "outdoor theatre" idea a couple of weeks ago...

Well I've been researching projector screens for weeks, and I've been bidding on one for the last 5 days.... I WON IT THIS MORNING, and I got it for half price.. :) It should be here early next week.... Just in time for the birthday celebrations... :) Its going up on the garage wall in a perfect spot for the pool... Now to get him the projector for fathers day (we celebrate fathers day in September) and he'll be stoked... (Australian for happy)... :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Morning all... :)

Had some deliveries arrive this morning.... :) Super fast postage for Daves birthday present... I was impressed....

Will post more pics after he opens it.... It came with mini bungy cords to attach it to lighting frame work, but I've chose to attach it the wall... It means I get to go back to Bunnings and look for a quick release attachment options so I can take it down when I need to wash it... :)

And my Hayward Ball Valves showed up today.... They're really big and really heavy duty..... I'm colour co-ordinated at least, my pool hoses are also grey.... Here is a picture of one of them next to an Intex Large Strainer for size reference..

And I managed to get 5 of them.... :)

"huge" surprise with those valves eh? :cool: (pun intended).

6 dollar is cheap no matter where you are! They are 18 each at Lowes. Nice score! I'm stoked for you! :party:

I though they were an absolute bargain Dave... :) And yes Dave, everything I've bought off the internet so far, when it arrives, I can't get over how HUGE it is... I'm really shocked that EVERYTHING so far, has me blown away by size.... :laughblue: At least I'm getting my money's worth....

Appears you are ready laceygirl.....The Land Down Under World Wide Web bargain shopper. Your family will be splashy away before much longer and watching old re-runs of Neptune`s Daughter.

Oh and I don`t know how I missed it an $800.00 electric bill ouch... I am totally electric 2100 sqft home my wife, and 2 girls leave lights on everywhere all of the time drives me crazy. My last electric bill was $141.00 and that's with AC running most of the day and 24hr a day pool pump.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.