Laceygirls New Pool - Intex 18 x 9 x 52....

Australia is the sunburnt country, we get tonnes of sunshine, but its not always warm... Unless you live way further north, I'm way down south on the right hand side of Oz, but come September, in the spring my solar system will be up and running by then, so hopefully the kids will be in the pool by then, don't think i'll be too keen but the kids will.... :)

Great job on the build...

BTW, your Aussie plugs sure look funny...:p

G'day Vegas Kid, I love your pool... :) Your thread is awesome.... Its one of my favourite pool builds on here.... It's funny because we think the same thing about yours.... :p I love the subtle differences our two countries have... :) Something a simple as an outlet, can look so weird...lol....

- - - Updated - - -

I might be wrong, but I think that the Hayward skimmer is 1 1/2" (38.1mm) and not 40mm.

Edit: It's NOT a case of nominal dimensions because Bunnings sells a 1 1/2" to 40mm convertor.

Thank you so much Abigail K.... :) That's saved me a couple of hours hunting... Top Stuff... .:party:

Not really a cheap option, Mermaid Mama.... Here's a link to the exact system I'm buying here in Australia.... Solar is an excellent option for me as we get heaps and heaps of sun, even though its cold..... :)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221063177768?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I don't have the option of solar panels for pools like you guys do in the us... They're too heavy to post and many won't send them to Australia anyway... :-(

This system sits directly on my stone tiles on my roof, so I will be getting radiant and solar heating... :) The pump that came with my pool originally, is the pump I'm using to run the solar... Its almost 1hp, so it will do the job... :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not really a cheap option, Mermaid Mama.... Here's a link to the exact system I'm buying here in Australia.... Solar is an excellent option for me as we get heaps and heaps of sun, even though its cold..... :)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221063177768?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I don't have the option of solar panels for pools like you guys do in the us... They're too heavy to post and many won't send them to Australia anyway... :-(

This system sits directly on my stone tiles on my roof, so I will be getting radiant and solar heating... :) The pump that came with my pool originally, is the pump I'm using to run the solar... Its almost 1hp, so it will do the job... :)

That's a pretty cool setup!

Thanks mac :) I wanted a system that would do both radiant and solar heating as its a shame to waste all that heat that's absorbed by my roof tiles... I decided to spend a little bit of money on this system, because honestly, I was too lazy to build it myself.... Building an efficient solar system requires a bit of math and it can be a little technical regarding flow rates, size of pool, water volume in pipes etc, so I'm just buying something where that's all done for me.... :) This will be the only part of the build where I will have little to no input on design....

My husband saw a rigged up system where someone just ran black hoses all along their roof and had the water running through them and back into the pool. Ha! I doubt it lasted long.

My husband saw a rigged up system where someone just ran black hoses all along their roof and had the water running through them and back into the pool. Ha! I doubt it lasted long.

Would you believe MermaidMama, that I was going to do exactly that? Until I started pricing up all the peripherals I would need. For a pool my size I needed at least 1 KILOMETRE of black polytube on my roof..... For a 17000 litre pool..... That was going to add some serious weight to my house, plus the wood to mount it on, and the plexiglass to lay over it to make it more efficient.... In the end my homemade set up, was going to cost me TWICE the amount of the abovementioned premade system.... It was an easy decision.... :)

Yup. I know exactly what you're talking about. No need to re-invent the wheel is there?

Would you believe MermaidMama, that I was going to do exactly that? Until I started pricing up all the peripherals I would need. For a pool my size I needed at least 1 KILOMETRE of black polytube on my roof..... For a 17000 litre pool..... That was going to add some serious weight to my house, plus the wood to mount it on, and the plexiglass to lay over it to make it more efficient.... In the end my homemade set up, was going to cost me TWICE the amount of the abovementioned premade system.... It was an easy decision.... :)

Hi Dave... :) Yup no need to reinvent the wheel... I'm only getting solar due to my hubby's penchant for slightly warmer water, and I want to extend the swim season for Samson... :)

I levelled another sleeper yesterday, and we're heading back out there right now to see how much we can get done today... I've organised a bloke to come and do my paving for me, I just have to help him set up his exact same pool when he's ready to go... :) So I've saved heaps of money there too... :)

Pics later today after the frame is level...

So you're going to do the install now and cover it?

Yup... Fill the pool, get the chemistry right, close it and leave it till September... I have to do it that way otherwise I've got a half finished front yard, as it takes up nearly all the room, and I'm sick of tracking crusher and clay mud into the house..... People are tripping over the half installed pavers, so I'm keen to get it up and done... :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.