Laceygirls New Pool - Intex 18 x 9 x 52....

Rightio... We went back to Reece's plumbing this afternoon and they offered another solution to the leaking pump.... The first connections they did for us, are BRILLIANT and are the only ones not leaking so they hooked us up with more... I'm very happy with the solution.....AhyGGPLkQg2b0NqdWydayA.jpg

8Ct7g7UATkuCg9kHiKxDZQ.jpg

We just have to prime and cement it directly into the pump and this should solve the leak problem.... Thank goodness... And the best part is, I can still disconnect it at the hose clamps if I need to....

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to be studying Nursing... So i'll be busy for the next 3 years... :)

My fingers, toes, eyes, arm, legs............are all crossed for NO leaks!!!!

Nursing? Great job and always needed. What degree are you going for? Do you want to work in a doc office or a hospital? Your brain will be getting a work out for sure! You will NEED that pool after all of the school work you will be doing!

Kim:kim:

Morning everyone... I'm pretty happy with the solution, I'm hoping it will help other Intex owners convert their pool.... I've gone through so much crud with this pool, and I've learned so much so hopefully its helped someone else out there.....

I'm very nervous about starting University... I haven't completed further schooling for 26 years.... I love reading and I love to learn so I'm hoping that will be enough.... I want to get the best marks I can so I can pick and choose what I do.... Surgical nurse would be the goal..... I need really high marks for that....

My mother was a registered nurse, as is my Dad, he's a retired psychiatric nurse, and his 5 sisters are all nurses, so I knew it would get me eventually....lol.... If I could learn Nursing by osmosis I'd already be one... :) Its only a Bachelors degree over three years, but my kids are old enough and Samson my autistic boy should be able to cope with the huge change as he's older so fingers crossed...

We are turning the pump on at about 6pm tonight.... That will be a full 24 hours since we primed and glued.... Hopefully my next post will start with YAY..... :)

Ah I just want to add, that we used Soudal brand PVC pipe Priming Fluid and Soudal PVC Pipe Cement, type P for pressure... So we have to wait the full 24 hours for full curing..... And plumbing tape around all screw in connections, wrapping the tape around the connection at least 5 times....

Yay, we are closer than ever before.... I still have a tiny suction leak... But I've got the Brute Squad coming over to help repair it... Its definitely not the pump, I don't think the hose clamps are tight enough so I've called for hubby's large best mate... :) He should be here in 15 minutes... :) He has hand like Christmas hams, so he should be able to get the strength I need....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
YAY... TOTAL SUCCESS..... We no longer have a suction leak.... The pool is totally working now... I've just balanced the water... And just in time, its going to be 36 degrees Celsius here tomorrow and Sunday, perfect pool weather.... Not a single air bubble in the pump AT ALL.... We used more plumbing tape on the bleeder valve and it seems to have fixed the problem completely...... I couldn't be happier...

I'm about to vacuum the pool and get ready for a swim after I pick my son up from the Mall..... The filter is doing its thing, as the water has been unmoved for 2 days..... The stabiliser is dissolving in a sock as we speak.... :)

The boys and hubby just got out of the pool.... Its amazing and clean... It only took two hours to completely clear it... :) I've got a tummy bug so I won't be getting in till tomorrow.... Love the pool again....

There is still one side that is not exactly straight as it should be, so I'll replace that whole side next year, it won't cost very much at all.... Not the legs just the sides... I wish I had got onto an old friend who had the exact same pool, I would have grabbed his before he threw it away....

Thanks KimKats, and I hope it all goes smooth for you Riley.....

I've pulled the solar cover out of the garage and hit it with a couple of hot water buckets, then cold water, and unrolled it onto the pool... My 13 year old gave it a darn good vacuum this afternoon and its CRYSTAL CLEAR... I only had to add a little bit of dry acid, 1.2 litres of chlorine and 720 grams of stabiliser and its balanced... :) pH was at 7.2, but I added the acid to get the water to really sparkle.... :) The stabiliser is still dissolving in the sock tied to the side... It works brilliantly... Should all be dissolved by tomorrow.... I'll be up early to check levels again, and to hit it hard all day... :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.