Laceygirls New Pool - Intex 18 x 9 x 52....

Lacygirl,
Did you put any lubrication on the union O rings? if not, you should. Use a silicone base lubricant, not petroleum based.
Made sure everything is tight?

Water under pressure will leak wherever it can, as you've experienced. So you need to make sure of the integrity of all connections.

Hey Divin Dave :) Good to hear from you again... I will double check all those things mentioned by yourself and cfherrman :) Will head to Bunnings to get the correct lubrication... I can't believe I forgot lube... Everything works better with lube :)

- - - Updated - - -

Me too Riley0dog :)

Rightio..... After much stuffing around, the pool cartridge is not leaking and either is the pump.... Now I just have to isolate the suction leaks.... :(

I'm tired of the laws and regulations here in Australia with above ground pools, so next year hopefully I will have the pool that all renters in my town need..... It meets all council approvals with fencing as it cannot be accessed without unlocking the stairs....

My next pool.jpg

Its perfect for our needs.... And no more pulling it down.... Its also totally portable....

Well my kids have stuffed it up for everyone.... They have bent one side of the pool and we are in the process of draining it completely.... The pool liner is now pressing on one side of the pool as they've buckled the side..... We are not putting it back up again as I cannot use another 18000 litres of water unnoticed.... I'm not spending any more money on my kids and their Christmas has been cancelled.... Tired of buying them nice things, only to have it broken in less than 48 hours...... So you won't see me again still I get a pool that's either in-ground or I buy the one pictured above... Otherwise its not going to happen.....

Sorry guys its been fun for a few days again.... :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well we're giving it one more try.... I'm going to refill the pool regardless.... The complex I live in is nearly empty so the water use will go unnoticed... We've siliconed all the suction parts of the pool and its been curing for nearly 24 hours... Here's hoping it works this time..... FINGERS CROSSED..

It turns out the pool shifted while the kids were in it, so while it was empty, we repositioned it and now it seems better... Still level which is a bonus... :) The sides are not bent, and everything is back up... Just about to put the hose back in the pool....

Well we're giving it one more try.... I'm going to refill the pool regardless.... The complex I live in is nearly empty so the water use will go unnoticed... We've siliconed all the suction parts of the pool and its been curing for nearly 24 hours... Here's hoping it works this time..... FINGERS CROSSED..

It turns out the pool shifted while the kids were in it, so while it was empty, we repositioned it and now it seems better... Still level which is a bonus... :) The sides are not bent, and everything is back up... Just about to put the hose back in the pool....
Great News!

Hi everyone... OMG did they ever get their ears bent over this... They both understand now, they have to take it easy in the pool.....

My eldest is at my hometown right now staying with his cousins and visiting with his grandparents so I've got a fair bit done... I'm also completely spring cleaning the house as I'm starting University in February.. :) So lots to do.... I'm also headed to Queensland for a very short holiday at the end of January...

The pool is almost full, bout another 2 hours of hose time, and I can then gently release the plunger valves, let the pump fill with water, and see if I have any leaks... This is the worst part of setting up a pool....

4muYN52CQq652+D31cWwVw.jpg

First problem... I think I know where the leaks are coming from and its the pump... :( The hardest thing to fix on a pool, it means stripping everything off it and starting again... These set backs are what deters me from setting this thing up as we have such a short summer where I live... it could take me another week to lock this thing down.... :( I wasn't the one who did the siliconing so I have to take responsibility for not doing it myself.... I'll let you know how I go, I'm so close to getting a plumber in its not funny....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.