Bioguard Optimizer Plus question

dogman

May 8, 2014
missouri
I am thinking of adding 20 pounds of bioguard optimizer plus purchased last month. basically it is the chemicals that i was unable to return to the pool store. My TF 100 test results are all inline. TA is 90 and PH is 7.8 and I will lower to 7.4 before adding. Water is perfectly clear. However, i have researched and found conflicting information on the Optimizer plus. pool math says it will dramatically increase PH and TA requiring a lot of acid to lower PH. however, other readings indicate that it is relatively PH neutral but will need some acid to lower a couple of gallons. My Borates are currently around 9 per the LPS (i used optimizer several years ago but i drained more than half of the pool when opening this year). I don't recall the affect on the pool when used previously.

A little comfort in directions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Bioguard Optimizer is tetraborate pentahydrate, and will drastically increase PH. Bioguard Optimizer Plus is essentially PH neutral. In the past there were a few batches of Bioguard Optimizer Plus that were mixed incorrectly and were not PH neutral, but they seem to have resolved that issue long ago.

By the by, borate levels below 30 are relatively ineffective. There isn't a lot of value to going part way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.