Swimming pool enclosure

I had to re-roof my indoor pool which was built in 1980 a couple of years ago, here is the thread on the subject, cost for the new roof, blown in insulation, etc was about $20,000, hopefully it will be good for another 30+ years (the metal roof purlins had rusted through in places, old ones were red finish type, new ones are galvanized) Reused existing I-Beams which just had surface rust and existing concrete walls. Replacing the sliding glass doors is on the to do list, in the next year or two hopefully.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/41980-My-not-indoor-pool-at-the-moment

Ike

Is it cheaper to make it from wood (pine) than metal (steel)?

2ik33p5.jpg

A couple of years ago we built, for a customer, an addition on a house big enough to house a nice size in ground pool. Had 8' wide French doors (4 of them). Don't recall the actual dimensions. It had a cathedral type ceiling. This was to house 6 collectable cars that he owned. Building cost $100,000

I can't really comment on cost of wood vs steel for roofing, but I can say I would worry about using pine or any other soft wood in a potentially high humidity environment like that. All the exposed wood around my pool (walls at one end not shown much in my above linked thread) are Pecky Cypress which is known for its high resistance to rot, etc.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.