Clarification for TA ...

May 26, 2007
Hi,
When testing for TA my sample goes from green to dark in one drop (70ppm), then to pink in one drop (80ppm). If I add another drop it goes to a really bright pink (90ppm). Is the TA 80 or 90ppm?

Thanks,
Joe

I don't think you are doing the test correctly. Is this the TF-100?

You add 2 dops of the first reagent (can't recall the numbers), and the water stays clear. Then you add 5 drops of the second reagent, and the water turns green. Then you add the third reagent, drop by drop, swirling slowly for about 10 seconds between drops, counting the total number of drops, till the water turns redish or pink. So if you add 8 drops it's 80, etc.

I would try running the test again. Wipe the dropper tips with a damp paper towel before doing the test.

Once the color change starts, you keep adding drops as long as the color continues to change. When you add a drop and the color doesn't change then you are done and you don't count that final drop that had no effect.

So it sounds like your TA is 90.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.