Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Clarification for TA ...

1. Back To Top    #1

Clarification for TA ...

Hi,
    When testing for TA my sample goes from green to dark in one drop (70ppm), then to pink in one drop (80ppm). If I add another drop it goes to a really bright pink (90ppm). Is the TA 80 or 90ppm?

Thanks,
    Joe
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Clarification for TA ...

I don't think you are doing the test correctly. Is this the TF-100?

You add 2 dops of the first reagent (can't recall the numbers), and the water stays clear. Then you add 5 drops of the second reagent, and the water turns green. Then you add the third reagent, drop by drop, swirling slowly for about 10 seconds between drops, counting the total number of drops, till the water turns redish or pink. So if you add 8 drops it's 80, etc.

I would try running the test again. Wipe the dropper tips with a damp paper towel before doing the test.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Once the color change starts, you keep adding drops as long as the color continues to change. When you add a drop and the color doesn't change then you are done and you don't count that final drop that had no effect.

So it sounds like your TA is 90.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks!!
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .