New questions

TommyD

May 29, 2014
Atoka, TN
Thank you for your patience. What if I already have "jumbo tabs" of trichloro? This is a new pool with new water. I ordered the K 2006 test kit scheduled to get here early next week. As soon as I get the pump going I was going to put CYA in at 30ppm.
1. Since I already have the jumbo tabs can I use them and how would you adjust the CYA knowing it's included already.
2. What is potassium peroxymonosulfate aka blast?

e4e4ata8.jpg

2amy9yde.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

The answer to using Trichlor to chlorinate and add CYA is Maybe.

Trichor is very acidic, so if your pH is low and your fill water doesn't have much alkalinity, you'll end up driving pH and TA down too low and have to spend money on baking soda and borax to raise them back up. Not much of a savings. If pH is high and TA is high out of the faucet, then they might be okay to use. Without test results on the fill water, there's no way to know.

The good news is that they'll keep for years and years if you keep them dry so you can use them in a floater when you leave town.

The potassium peroxymonosulfate is a non-chlorine "shock." It will kill algae and bleach liners like bleach, but it has no sanitizing properties. If you follow the TFP way of pool maintenance, you'll never need it. Ever.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.