Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: STA-RITE Intellipro 4x160 won't go!

1. Back To Top    #1

STA-RITE Intellipro 4x160 won't go!

New pump won't fire up, all the LEDs are lit and seem to be working as the installation and user guide says they should but the motor does not start.

We just filled the pool yesterday with 6 loads of water, driver will be back today first thing to top it up.

So I guess my question is if I am without this pump for a few days while I get a new one, today is Sunday, do I put some bleach in so as not to lose the nice clear water ( the pool looks amazing!) but for how long?

Thanks
    20 X 40, 28000 gal IG cement bottom, steel sides, vinyl liner, Pentair 4X160 pump, sand filter, SWG, Titan heat pump, coluorlogic and fiber optic. concrete-exposed aggregate deck
    1 skimmer, main drain, 4 returns ( 2 in stairs ) JEWEL LIKE WATER thanks to TFP!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: STA-RITE Intellipro 4x160 won't go!

You need some circulation, even if minimal. Do you have a cover pump, sump pump, or something similar that you can use to move the water around?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

YES I have a sump that moves alot of water ... so just drop it in the deep end and return in the shallow or the other way around?

thanks
    20 X 40, 28000 gal IG cement bottom, steel sides, vinyl liner, Pentair 4X160 pump, sand filter, SWG, Titan heat pump, coluorlogic and fiber optic. concrete-exposed aggregate deck
    1 skimmer, main drain, 4 returns ( 2 in stairs ) JEWEL LIKE WATER thanks to TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, that would be fine. Either way will work, but putting the pump in the deep end is better.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School