I've got the Rola-Chem Peristaltic Blues

Kias

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2009
NW Ohio
So I opened to a green pool again this year. Twice in two years now... It's completely my fault again. Just laziness I guess. LOL

Decided to get a RC-25/53 SC peristaltic pump to do my dirty work for me. Received it yesterday, and checked the weather. Clear as a bell all weekend. So I hastily set up the pump on a stand above a one gallon jug of chlorine, put the tube in the jug, and red-necked the injector end with some zip ties holding it over the ledge in front of the return (Water pump is on low 24/7 and no chance of swimmers) Primed the peristaltic pump, then flipped the switch over to timer. The pump ran for 4 seconds and shut off. Just what it's supposed to do. So I left it and went inside.

On the way home from work, I stopped and got a bunch of supplies to build a proper shelter for it and picked up a ten gallon jug for the chlorine. When I got home and picked up the gallon jug it's been pumping from, it was almost completely out of chlorine! I thought, that's a "tad" more than the .1 gallon per day it's supposed to be pumping in, as I had the pot set on low. Then I thought maybe I bought the wrong model. Went in and double checked the chart that has the flow rates on it. No, I got the right one! So I sat down and watched it. It's on for 4 seconds, off for 1 minute. It's suppose to be on for 4 seconds, and off for ~9 minutes when it's set on low. Checked the FC, it was 13ppm. Awesome.

So I continued on and built a proper shelter for the pump and chlorine, set it all up right. Took a video of it operating 4 sec on, 1 min off. Then zipped off an email to Rola-Chem. Hopefully they'll set things right.

Meanwhile, I dug out the old timer for the old single speed pump I used to run and hooked that up to the peristaltic. Set it to run every few hours for about a half an hour each and completely off at night, so that would be 8 or 9 drops of chlorine every minute for a half an hour 5 times a day. Just wildly guessing here. My CYA is still dissolving, so I wouldn't of been able to get the peristaltic dialed in properly for a few days anywhooo...

Glad I wasn't using this pump to sanitize drinking water! :tongue:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.