Cloudy water

May 30, 2014
Cottage grove, wi
I just opened up my intex for the third year and have been following the instructions for opening a seasonal pool. I have put 4 oz of pool shock plus by pool time that contains 58.2 % sodium dichloro s triazinetrione. I am on my 4th night and haven't really been swimming in it till today. All I have is a test that does chlorine and ph and I test at least twice a day. Right now the readings are at least 5 (goes to 5 and it's a deeper yellow then the last number) and my ph is 7.5. I run the filter 24/7 since it's the one that came with the pool

Can u tell me if I just need patience and if it's ok to swim in. Thank you!!!!!!

Intex round 12x12 easy set pool with the inflatable ring
2100 gallons of water
Crystal clear model 603 pump.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I did not think the seasonal pool article recommended the use of dichlor anymore? :scratch: Can you provide a link for where you read that?

Your pool is safe. Just watch the OTO chlorine test and add bleach as needed at this point.

I had printed and saved the article from at least last year and it worked so well that I didn't look any further. I have to admit it was hard to find. This is the explanation at the time. I thought u needed it for the cya.

--Dichlor - chemical name is dichloro-s-triazinetrione, also called "pool shock". It frequently comes in small bags. Purchase approximately one pound for each 2,000 gallons, or fraction, of pool water. Dichlor adds both chlorine and CYA (stabilizer . . . "sunscreen" for chlorine). You will only use it for a few days, so don't buy more than what you need.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.