Solenoid Valves - Irrigation Timer for Swimmingpool

Bjarne

May 30, 2014
Philadelphia
I Live in Thailand and are going to build a "public pool" there. Its gonna be about 70 X 35 feet.

My question is: Is there any reason that i can't use Solenoid Valves and a Irrigation Timer for controlling my pool pump ?

I vill have only one pump, but different "zones" and the pump vill probably run all day.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!

If you are in Thailand, why does your location say Philadelphia?

I am not sure irrigation solenoid valves (at least the ones I have seen) have large enough pipe to support the flow rates typically needed in a pool application.

I am working in Philadelphia and living in Thailand. A few years ago i made my own pool in my garden, and last year i made a sprinkler system for my garden.

I got the idea about using this valves and timer since its its so easy to operate in my garden.

I vill use an 2inch valve whit flow rate of 150 gpm. The pump have a flow rate on 119 gpm.

I asking about this since i thought the idea is good, but i can't find any information on this anywhere.

My timer vill be controlled from a smartphone or computer and are very cheap.

I see one problem with it. On my sprinkler system, zone 1 shuts off before zone 2 starts and so on. You'd have to provide a path for the water coming out of the pump for those intervals when everything is closed.

Why do you want zones? It's a neat idea, but I can't see why. Unless you're trying to make something like this

Yea now we talking :) not shore my pump could handle it.

Its an fun idea.. i can control my pool from anywear in the world. I can have only one pump for the hole pool, but longer runtime. I can run the "jacuzzi" for 10 min, then the Shower/fountain 10 min....

I vill have a start and stop relee for my pump and the pump vill run the hole time, but the valves is stacked. I vill have a 1/2 inch pipe open to bypass all the valves so it take of the pressure. I thinking of having one zone going bypass an chlorinfeeder as well. Then i can control the time of this zone to.

(sorry for bad english, I'm from Norway)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.