I Think I Finally Got It!

May 1, 2014
NC
We got our round above ground pool last year and used Baquacil and this year we are using BBB. It has taken me a couple of weeks to get the hang of trying to get my readings correct. I have the Taylor K-2006 kit. I took a reading at 6pm and here are my results:

FC - 6
CC - 8
PH - 7.2
TA - 100
CYA - 30

If I am correct, I need to raise the PH and the CYA is borderline? Please advise. By the way, when I removed my cover to open my pool the water was just as crystal clear as it was when I closed it. SO far so good.

I did exactly what the pool store told me to do when I opened my pool. This is the first time I have gotten my FC up and the CC up like that. When I did the test for the cc some of the water spilled out prior to testing so maybe I need to retest my cc as it probably is not accurate. I will retest in the morning and see what the difference is.

Forget what the pool store told you. You need to follow the process in the link I provided to remove all the Baq product in the pool. Then you need to replace the sand in your filter due to the gunk build up.

Did you do the whole conversion Sandybele? Those CC's are awfully high. Can you retest the water now so we can get a good jump on it tonight while the sun is going down?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.