Bad Plaster?

Jun 10, 2013
I have a crack that is developing in my pool and my pool guy says that it is not covered under warranty because it is "structural". I just replastered in 2012, so this is kind of upsetting.

I have been told to also no longer use stabilized chlorine tabs because of their acidic nature on plaster and pool equipment. Is that true?

Any & all helpful advice on what to do next from all knowledgeable parties is welcome.

Thanks,
chrisivc

Last edited:
:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Unfortunately, I do not think there is a fix for this besides a re-plaster. They have faded the color out of the plaster due to the acidic nature of the pucks.
BTW, you need to stop using those pucks if your CYA is already up at 70ppm.

For any readers, this is why you should not throw acidic pucks or stabilizer granules into any pool as they can damage the plaster or liner.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Unfortunately, I do not think there is a fix for this besides a re-plaster. They have faded the color out of the plaster due to the acidic nature of the pucks.
BTW, you need to stop using those pucks if your CYA is already up at 70ppm.

For any readers, this is why you should not throw acidic pucks or stabilizer granules into any pool as they can damage the plaster or liner.

Thanks for the welcome,

I forgot to mention that the pucks are gone and the pool is on a liquid chlorine and stabilizer free shock diet ever since the CYA reading was discovered. No more stabilized products for this pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.