Is a "Salt" pool compatible with a "Bromine" hot tub?

CHP

May 8, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Hi,

We will be installing a vinyl IGP with a SWG, and have the opportunity to buy at a good price a Hydropool 395 self-cleaning hot tub which uses "bromine". Are they compatible? Will we have issues trying to regulate our pool's SWG if we and the kids keep intermixing the water from the two (jumping out of one, and into the other constantly)? Or can we damage the hot tub if salt water gets into its system? Do we need to shower off each time we go from one to the other (this may be a nuissance)?

Thanks

Doing that over time will slowly build up a bromine level in the pool. Some brands of SWG recommend against having any bromine in the water, though most are all right with it. In all other ways it should be fine. You should check your SWG manual and see if it says anything about bromine.

Thanks for your input. We will be signing the pool contract in an hour or so (yay!), and have included the Pentair Intellichlor as the SWG. I think we may wait and purchase a salt water friendly hot tub, and stay on the safe side.

Thanks, I've spent the past couple of months researching all I can on pools, and spent very little reading hot tub topics. I will now focus on them, especially sanitizing options. I'll look into the dichlor/bleach method.

I'll also piggy-back onto this thread and ask if anyone has any opinions on "self-cleaning" hot tubs? Pros? Cons? Noise level? From what I understand, they have a seperate circulation pump which pumps the water through the filter instead of using the jet pump.
Thanks for your input.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.