How do these levels look?

jake

Jun 21, 2008
Hello all, working on getting all the levels right with a new SWG...I have been running the filter 6am-12am during this initial stage with chlorine output at 50%, but have changed the timer settings to a 5 hour shift in the morning and a 6 hour shift in the evening. From reading though is it more effective to have the filter running during the heat of the day instead of early and late?

The levels taken today:

FC 3.5
CC 0
TC 3.5
PH 7.5
TA 65
CH 150
CYA 25

I know CYA is low, I added Stabilizer 4 days ago...wanted to let it circulate for a full week before adding any more. It was 0 when I added it. Should I wait the full 7 days before retesting or should I add some before then?

Thanks!

The only benefit of running it during the day is that it will replenish quickly the chlorine used up by bathers. So when you have a pool party it's best to leave it on. When no one swims in it it's better to have a session in a morning and session in the afternoon.

The water is crystal clear, and I really want to keep it that way. The entire pool was drained and refilled two weeks ago, the stabilizer was calculated to get it to 60 (added 10 pounds of stabilizer) according to the poolstore. Using the pool calculator it shows I should have added 176 oz instead of the 160 oz. As it is easier to add CYA than take it out, I don't want to overdo it by trying to add more before the last treatment has time to work. Just not sure how long I should wait....

As far as the timers, for days without swimmers does one session from 6am- 11am and another from 4pm-9pm sound good?

jake said:
The water is crystal clear, and I really want to keep it that way. The entire pool was drained and refilled two weeks ago, the stabilizer was calculated to get it to 60 (added 10 pounds of stabilizer) according to the poolstore. Using the pool calculator it shows I should have added 176 oz instead of the 160 oz. As it is easier to add CYA than take it out, I don't want to overdo it by trying to add more before the last treatment has time to work. Just not sure how long I should wait....

As far as the timers, for days without swimmers does one session from 6am- 11am and another from 4pm-9pm sound good?

Yes, that schedule for a timer/filter run time sounds good to me. If you notice cloudiness or other problems you can always increase the run time, and/or change the times, etc.

I think it's very reasonable to play it safe with the dosage. Better to undershoot and add more I say. That CYA test was after 4 days? How did you add it (skimmer, sock)? Have you cleaned/backwashed your filter?

BTW, welcome! :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.