test results! Advice needed!

Thank you so much for your quick replies!
Here are the tests we just did tonight FC - .2, CC - .2, TC - .4 These have actually been the results we've gotten for the last week or so (ever since we started using the testing kit).

So, I think we need to get our FC up to 3-4, correct? When I entered the info into the pool calculator, it tells me we need to put in 120 oz of bleach (our bleach is 7.8% chlorine). We have been putting that amount in every other day for the last week, but our chlorine numbers aren't going up at all. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!!!

Thank you so much for your quick replies!
Here are the tests we just did tonight FC - .2, CC - .2, TC - .4 These have actually been the results we've gotten for the last week or so (ever since we started using the testing kit).

So, I think we need to get our FC up to 3-4, correct? When I entered the info into the pool calculator, it tells me we need to put in 120 oz of bleach (our bleach is 7.8% chlorine). We have been putting that amount in every other day for the last week, but our chlorine numbers aren't going up at all. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!!!
Chlorine is a consumable item. You need to add some every day. Typically, 2 or 3 ppm per day. For a pool as big as yours, that works out to about 2.5 qts to a gallon of bleach every day.

What did you get for your CYA reading? All I see up above is the pool store test result, which I don't trust. If CYA is lower than you think, the sun could be destroying a lot of chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.