Hayward Drain Help

Hello -

I am hoping some of the experts here have encountered this situation before and could provide some guidance. I have a pool+spa, and my spa has 2 drains in it. The drains are Hayward SP1153A's. The cover I am using is the replacement cover - Hayward WG1048E. I inherited this pool so am encountering this problem as I am opening the spa for the season (it was drained for the winter). Essentially, the screw tabs/ flanges that the drain cover attachs to with screws are broken off (see picture). There are no other tabs for me to drill/ screw into. I have contacted Hayward and they werent really able to provide any help other than to buy the same set of screws, but that wont work since the screw tabs are gone. Has anyone seen/ resolved this issue before? I am grateful for any and all assistance on how to best secure these covers.

Hmmmm .....

I might try to just use some tape or putty to hold the drain cover in place. When the pump is running, the suction will help hold them in place as well.

Or you will have to try to attach some additional plastic blocks to the inside so that you have something to screw in to. But, I am not sure where you would get some plastic and how you would attach it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.