Chlorine dropped to zero

If you are using the drop test, sounds like you only looked at the FC. Did you add the 5 drops to test to see if you have CC?

1 gallon is not even close to enough. Are you using PoolMath to target 10ppm?

For a 39200 gallon pool, you need to add 390oz of 12.5% to get to target 10ppm. So, you should add 3 of the 4 bottles you just bought and test the FC and CC in 30 minutes.

Use PoolMath, pool calculator has been abandoned by its owner and thus not updated. PoolMath is a TFP copy that we have updated with relevant changes.

So, like I said above, add 3 bottles and report your FC and CC after 30 minutes.

Ok readings are : FC 1.5. CC 2.0. Tc 3.5. Looks like I'm getting somewhere

Now things are starting to make sense.

The CCs indicate the presence of SOMETHING (algae, ammonia, frogs, fish, leaves) that the CL is oxidizing.

Give us another read at 2:45 CST (25 min from this post)

Oh ... and go get more bleach. a LOT more bleach. I would start with 15 gallons.

Last edited:
As Jason said, use PoolMath to determine how much more bleach to add every time you test and then add it and test again in thirty minutes. Repeat every thirty minutes until it starts holding and then you can start testing every hour, then every couple hours.

You can use the price calculator in my signature if you need help comparing different sizes and concentrations of bleach.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sorry - should have been more specific. I thought you had re dosed to 10.

I was using your posting time to give us a 30 min mark to check and dose again.

Jason. How do you like your haywood swg? I am getting one next week
Thanks for your help
Had one at previous house and add this one to current house ... never had a real problem with either (although I did not have it at the old house for that many years). Of course, I have no experience with anything else. It is a very popular and solid middle of the road SWG. Because it is so common, getting help is easier too.

BTW, don't bother starting up the SWG until you finish the SLAM process, which you are just starting and may take a couple weeks to finish depending on how diligent you are.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.