385 sq ft ig grunite pool - • Hayward 60 sqft D.E filter

Can you give dimensions as opposed to square feet? Sorry, I'm just not good at converting this sort of thing. I have a 150 square foot filter for a 24 ft round pool. I have no clue what the square footage of it is tho :oops: . Works great....BTW. Donno if this even helps.

Honestly I'm not sure. IF it were cartridge, I'd go with a bigger filter. The size of the pump has more room to wiggle, lots of people get by with a 3/4 pump on the same size pool that other people use 1.5 hp pump.

But I believe with filters, the larger the better, at least that's the case with cartridge filters....it's important to pair the pump size to be adequate with the filter size, not sure what that recommendation is.

But 60 sqft for a DE filter seems small to me, but I'm not real knowledgeable about DE filters. It might be fine.

You know who could help you better, "WASTE" or Ted is his name. He knows all about pool equipment and such and he'd give you good advice I bet. If he doesn't come along shortly, send him a PM.

Just read it. VERY informative. Thanks! It looks like if I go with a chlorine system the D.E. is the way to go and if I go with a SWG (which most people appear to very fond of so long as I use a hard natural stone) then the larger cartridge is the way to go. From a maintenance perspective the cartridge appears to be easier to deal with and I believe that a SWG will cost me less to deal on a monthly basis then chlorine. Sooooo I'm leaning towards the swg.

As a point of refernece, my 625 sf pool had a 60 SF DE filter originally spec'd. This was the largest non-steel (for SWG) DE filter Pentair makes. It would have been fine -- but with the bigger is better theory, I found the Pentair QuadDE with a cartridge-like filter taking DE. 100 sf. My PB mainenance guy swears by it -- just can't say enough good about it. Either way, as Jason said earlier, you can't compare SF cartridge to DE -- apples to oranges.

I'll review it after I get up and running.

Steve

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.