Target levels on pool math? Phosphates?

May 23, 2014
Trenton, NJ
Two quick questions:

1. What are the target levels on pool math supposed to be? For some reason I typed over mine by accident and I can't get it to go back to the defaults.

2. I am expecting my TF-100 test kit any day now, but in the mean time I had my water just tested at Leslie's Pools. They told me that my calcium hardness was low (60) and that I run the risk of my vinyl liner separating from my pool unless I raise it. They also told me that my phosphates were high (100). I don't even see the phosphate test on here. Is this something I need to address or be concerned about?

Leslie's pool test today:
FC=1.5
TAC=1.5
PH=7.7
TA=120
CYA=40
CH=60
TDS=200
Phosphates=100

Thanks for the replies. New to the world of pool ownership and this site is a great help!

Ignore the phosphates. If your other chemistry is correct, phosphates won't mean a thing. Leslie's uses phosphates as a way to sell you junk like Phosfree.

Also, CH doesn't matter at all in a vinyl pool. 60 ppm is just fine.

The first question is easy. Look down at the bottom yellow row in poolmath. Select your finish, your chlorine source, and tfp from the options. Now go up and enter your pool size. Now it's ready to go!

A vinyl pool doesn't care if the CH is low. There's no plaster to get etched. The only thing Low CH is hurting here is the pool store's profit margin. Ditto on the phosphates.

And your Chlorine is too low for your CYA level. That does need attention.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.