I just installed the IQ900-RS upgrade

Jan 27, 2014
Florida
I just installed the IQ900-RS upgrade into my system which has the Hayward Goldline generator which was working with Aquarite status through the legacy controller. I changed the mode on the Hayward to AL-5 as described in the earlier post and recycled the controller. I am receiving a a message when I try to access the Aquapure option in settings. "AquaPure not found. Check AquaPure RS485 and power connections". I have verified the low voltage between the units is correct and the generator is currently operating in standalone mode. Is there something that needs to be tweaked in the iAqualink setup for this to detect the Hayward in AL-5 mode? I have included the specs from the systems below.

System Info - IQ900-RS
RS-8 Combo
REV T
CPU p/n: B0029221

System Info - Hayward Aquarite Goldline
T-9 Cell
r 1.58 - This is from the diagnostic panel. I assume it's the firmware rev 1.58.

Thanks for any further tips on getting this to work.

Re: IQ900-RS and Aqualink-RS question

dwkoeller, Have you gotten it to work. If not, I'm looking for someone with the setup you have that is having issues. I would like to talk you further to discuss this.

I just founded out that if you power up your IQ900-RS Rev T with the AquaRite not set to the proper AL setting, all future SWG will be reported as "NOT COMPATIBLE". Even if you attach a real AquaPure. To see if your SWG is being seen do the following. Using the WEB view, press "Help", "Next", and "Next". You should see a list of RS485 devices attached to your IQ900-RS. If one of them is "NOT COMPATIABLE", then your system as locked out the SWGs. You may want to check the Internet and see if anyone has figure out how to undo the lock. Again, this is RS Rev T. Prior versions didn't do this.

dflynn60, did you find a solution? I had a rev T board and it also didn't work.
I had it on AL-0 hooked up to the rev T board, before I switched it to AL-5.
I snooped the bus, and the Aquarite was responding to the ID request with "AquaPure", so I know that it was emulating AL-5 right.
The Power Center kept polling for a device on that address (0x50), and the Aquarite responded with an ACK, but there was no further response.
My iAqualink device list (in the Help menu) showed it as "Aquarite 1 Not Compatible"

I ran the rev QQ simulator for the Power Center with just the Aquarite connected to my RS-485 bus, and it was correctly communicating to the Aquarite, so something was disabled in rev T.
I checked for compatibility, and figured that I needed rev R in order to keep my iAqualink working, as well as my Intelliflo VF, so I got one off Ebay, and guess what, it is running fine!

Now, if there is anyone interested in an "as good as new" rev T board......

I know that this is an old thread, but did anyone find a solution? I have an Aqualink RS6 Rev T board with an Aquarite. The Aqualink was initially powered on to the connect Aqualink set to AL-0. Now setting it to AL-5 still gives me the "Aquarite 1 Not Compatible" in the device list.

Thanks
Minh

I have found a solution to locked "NOT COMPATIBLE" Rev T Aqualinks. I purchased a device that connects the Aqualink to an AqauRite but since I had already connect them directly, my Aqualink as locked. The company I purchased the device from offers a service to unlock your Aqualink. Since I purchased their device it was free. I hope this might help you.

Can you send me the contact information of the company? I am having the same issue. I have the Rev T Aqualink and a AquaRite (AQ-RITE-5-Y288). I have the AquaRite set to AL-5 and I have flipped the breakers to reset power but Aqualink is still displaying AquaPure not found. Check AquaPure RS485 and power connections. I did not realize I needed a device to make AquaRite compatible with Aqualink Rev T, I can not find information about it anywhere and it seems I will probably need the unlock service as well since I have connected the two device directly. Clearing memory on the Aqualink did not resolve the issue either. Thanks for the information.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You do not need the translator, but you need to set your SWG to AL-5, otherwise, they set a few lockout bytes that will disable _ALL_ SWG support from there on. It is possible (and easy) to revert this, but it involves tapping into your bus with a $10 adapter.
See my response here for more details.
AquaLink won't recognize AquaRite

If you hook it up, go to help on your IQ900-RS screen (website), it will show you whether or not it was recognized/supported.

The protocol for Aquarite, Aqualink,.... seems to be the exact same, with the exception of how they announce themselves on the first identification. I believe that this is the only thing the Chlorinator Translator does for you.

I've had things running for 15 months on rev R and over a month on rev T now (rev R died due to me messing with it).

Good to know, thank you. I saw your response on the previous thread but my confusion came since the Chlorinator Translater website states that their product is needed for "any revision after L". I am currently hooked up using emulation AL-0 on revision K.
Since I will likely be upgrading my pump to a variable or two-speed next season, I went ahead and bit the bullet on the iQ20-RS. I think they ship with rev T.

I'll make sure the SWCG is set to AL-5 before swapping out the Jandy PCB. Thanks again for your help.

Edit: I was able to confirm this with my current revision (K). On AL-0, the Aqualink sees the SWCG as an AquaRite; on AL-5, an AquaPure.

You are lucky that your Aqua Rite AL-5 supports the AquaPure mode. New information has come to me. Hayward seems to have stop supporting the AL-5 that would permit the Aqua Rite to work with Aqualink. So the people that have a different revision of the Aqua Rite may not support the AquaPure mode at AL-5. Using a prior version of Aqualink before Rev T is a good way to find out if your Aqua Rite AL-5 supports AquaPure mode and that you can connect them together or not.

As a final note, I have had my Aqua Rite change its AL- setting to something else instead of AL-0. I don't know if I did by accident or I have a power glitch which caused. My point is, if your AL- setting ever changes, you could end up with a lock system. With the Chlorinator Translator, I don't have to worry about that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.