thanks, new pool up and ready

Hi, thanks for answering my questions during the setup of my Intex 16' round Ultra frame. It gave me some piece of mind as I struggled to dig and level and put this thing together. Reading lots of other posts has really helped. No leaks, within an inch all around and water is a balmly 65 degrees already!! Kids don't mind and have gone in more than once.

dRYIupt.jpg

Very nice, how did you level the area?

Thanks. Basically, about half the circle of ground was about 4 inches higher, so I just dug it out with a shovel until it looked fairly level. The ground was quite hard and stable. I then stuck large patio bricks into the ground where each post was to go. Had to dig little holes for them. I used a level from one brick to the next to make sure they were inline. I used the level on a board to level the bricks with ones further apart. Then i put the top part of the frame on the bricks to make sure it was still level and bricks in the right spot. I didn't use any sand, i put an old pool bottom and a couple tarps on the ground to protect the bottom of liner. Not sure how soft is on the feet, but my kids haven't complained. I won't be going in until it hits 80 degrees :)

Landscaping and construction are not my forte, so I was definitely a struggle for me. Others on here have done a much more professional leveling job then I, but it seems to have turned out ok.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.