Aquapuer 1400 Error Code 170

Jan 11, 2014
Corona/CA
Back in February, my SWG produced an error code of 170. After troubleshooting using a meter to measure current, it appeared to be a front board issue. I replaced the front board with what I thought was a good board and I am still getting a 170 error message. I am not sure about the new board since Jandy does not make my old board anymore.

At any rate, when I plugged in my old board, I was elated that the 170 error code did not appear. Then I realized I did not plug in the flow sensor, I turned the system off and plugged in the flow sensor and the 170 error code appeared once again. Could this mean that its still the front board issue?

Techfan: Last year, I got an error code telling me the front board needed to be replaced. I was told to disconnect the sensor to see if the code went away, which it did. That was evidence that the problem was with the sensor, not the board. I went ahead and bought a new tri-sensor off the Internet (and an extension cable that was required to accommodate a new "daughterboard" at the end of the cable). That did the trick. So rather than paying for a new board (or a whole new system, as the pool guy recommended), it was <$200 for the sensor & cable. I hope this is it for you, too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.