30' x 54" AG pool Installed at last

Jun 15, 2008
Patterson , LA
Just thought I would share a couple pics of out new pool. My wife and three boys all helped out a bunch. It has been a ton of work but I know we will enjoy it for years to come. This is out first pool so the install was a handfull. The ground work has taken us three weeks between working and getting home and doing what we could before we were burnt out. We started this morning at 6am and got it to where it is at by 2pm. I still have to run the electrical and hook up the filter tomorrow.
How soon should I throw in a little CL? Will it hurt anything if I do not put anything in it tonight at all?
IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_2814.jpg

IMG_2815.jpg

IMG_2816.jpg

IMG_2817.jpg

Beautiful pics....I love it! That is a HUGE pool (I'm a l'il 15-footer! :-D ). You certainly have the yard for it. I know you will enjoy it so much! We've only had our pool in for not even two weeks yet and we're having so much fun with it. :wave:

Lovely job!!

Assuming you used tap water to fill it, you will be ok for a day without adding any bleach. However, I would be sure to get some in there tomorrow sometime! Without any stabilizer, you will only need 1-3 ppm... use Jason's calculator to figure out how much that is! Just stir it around with the skimmer to mix it up a bit.

Happy swimming with the fishes!

Thanks for the replies. I am running two garden hoses since 1100am. Only about 12" in it now. I still have to install the skimmer and returns so I might have to shut off the water tonight so It doesn't fill it up too much for that.
About half way around the pool while installing the wall I was thinking why in the world did we get a 30' instead of a smaller one :lol:
When i get it filled I will be posting test results with my new Test Kit from Dave so you guys can help me get it going on the right track.

Congrats on the new pool!! I love the liner too.

Last time we were at the pool store we were looking at the pools(they have some set-up outside) my dad saw the 30' round one and said "That's not a pool, it's a pond." :lol:

I'm Jealous!!!!!

Have fun,
Adam

When we set up our pool doing it ourselves, we looked at that liner too! It's AWESOME and looks great in your pool!!! We chose the sandy bottom with dolphins instead!!! :mrgreen:

It looks great and I have a feeling you won't regret the 30' you chose!

The more water the better! I can't wait to see it full!

Keep posting pics and questions!!! We'd love to help you! 8)

*Thank goodness there is no limit on exclamation points cuz I used them all!!!* :mrgreen:

After seeing your liner, I wish mine would become defective so I can get a new one :mrgreen: (except for the money issue of course).

Nice Pool and how nice that you had that help. Were you able to reuse your sod? It looks like you took care when taking it up.

Very nice work! :party:

I have to agree with everyone else...fabulous liner. One word of advice...be careful with that style ladder. I had one. After a while, it wore a "divot" into the pool bottom (into the sand, no liner problems). Probably didn't help that the kids jumped off of it a few times either.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks folks. Last night around 11PM my wife talked me into turning one of the hoses off because it appeared to be filling up faster(maybe less water being used at that time of night?). We could not help our selfs today with 96degree heat and all jumped in :goodjob:
Water was great and I have about a foot to go untill she is full.
Today was some more digging for the electrical. Hopefully it will be filled tonight and I can start my filter.
I am about to test the fill water and use the calculator to figure out how much bleach and CYA to add tonight.
Thanks for the head up on the ladder also. I am going to put down a mat under it for now. Feb 09 I am going to build a 3' deck all around it with a 24x24 deck on one end. I'll ditch the ladder then and get a better one.

Well It is filled at last!!! 34.5hrs with two garden hoses :shock:
I am not going to like next months water bill :lol:
Here are a couple pics from today. Thanks again to all the wonderful folks here on TFP.
My fill water was
PH 7.0-7.2
TA 90

I added 1 gl of 6% Bleach tonight and some Conditioner in the skimmer.
I'll test the water again tomorrow and I am sure I will be posting my results...looking for advice.

IMG_2821.jpg

IMG_2820.jpg

IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.