New pool build in North Texas! A long and skinny pool....

Love your project! I would inform builder one more time that you can get it done for $1000 less, and that although you'd prefer to do the work with him, you can't just pay $1000 more. If builder still can't match, move to the other source and save your money. You were decent enough giving the builder a first shot at taking the job. Builder will never match because they too probably outsource the labor, and need to make a profit on it.

Also, one more comment, after reading some of your previously posted concerns. ITS YOUR MONEY, YOUR HOUSE, YOUR POOL! You've earned the right to demand things done your way, to your liking. You also get to choose what to do, when and with whom. Afterall, you are the one that will have to live with the good or bad results of the build, not them.

The warranty on the IntellipH comes from Pentair and if you are getting 3 or more pieces installed its 3 years. It doesn't matter if its the PB or a licensed sub installing. The warranty is still valid. (either way its a licenced sub who is doing the work anyway), cut out the whiny middle man.

Oh and your fangirl wants to know what you are planning on putting in the firebowl. Are you doing stone, or glass? Yep thats me, asking the important questions LOL!!! I'm living my modern designed pool dream vicariously though you, you should totally know that :D

Great question - Glass or Stone. Can you take a picture of your pool again with a planter or something where you are going to put the fire bowl? I had a hard time visualizing it from the other photos but knew it didn't really matter because it was going to look awesome no matter what. I think for the pool crawl - since your pool is amazingly modern and sophisticated - we will have to do something like martinis or fine wines for the alcoholic portion of the event. -Karen

Oh I am seeing cheesecake to go with the martinis or fine wines for this pool opening! Good idea Karen!

Now who knows how to make cheesecake? That is something I have not tried to make. Eat yes, make nope.

Kim

The warranty on the IntellipH comes from Pentair and if you are getting 3 or more pieces installed its 3 years. It doesn't matter if its the PB or a licensed sub installing. The warranty is still valid. (either way its a licenced sub who is doing the work anyway), cut out the whiny middle man.

Oh and your fangirl wants to know what you are planning on putting in the firebowl. Are you doing stone, or glass? Yep thats me, asking the important questions LOL!!! I'm living my modern designed pool dream vicariously though you, you should totally know that :D

Weird, I responded with a comment but not sure where it went. Yes, I have been thinks of this too... By the fence along the right side of the pool, there will be black gravels and leuder stepping stone 2x2. So I may considered using lava rocks or black glass for the fire bowl/table to keep the color scheme consistent.

I am happy that you guys like my pool build....in such a narrow yard, it was really hard for me to justify building a long narrow and shallow pool....however, I hope that everything is going to work out at the end. Thank you all for your support! We suppose to have the construction crew to come and install the double French door and floor to ceiling window s in the master bedroom, so that we can go directly from the bedroom to the in pool dry deck and have a beautiful view of the pool and spa right from the bedroom! Keeping my fingers crossed....

- - - Updated - - -

Great question - Glass or Stone. Can you take a picture of your pool again with a planter or something where you are going to put the fire bowl? I had a hard time visualizing it from the other photos but knew it didn't really matter because it was going to look awesome no matter what. I think for the pool crawl - since your pool is amazingly modern and sophisticated - we will have to do something like martinis or fine wines for the alcoholic portion of the event. -Karen

Yes, Martinis for the pool crawl!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh gosh, I have a killer cheesecake recipe....:mrgreen:

Eva, what is your killer recipe? I can try to make it or there is always The a Cheesecake Factory for back up! We have one right at the Stonebriar Mall, 5 mins from here!

0a2175bc69f47511b805d3ecb193ba52.jpg

So, the patio on the other side of the house and pool is ready for pouring. Due to the budget, we decided to use leuder stone pavers around the pool and pool entry.... very expensive.... at least this way we keep things consistent in materials. And the BBQ and Fire pit side of the patio in concrete with the Grey integral color Silversmoke. Well, the weather is bad and 70% of rain, so we had to cancel the pour till Monday next week....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
All I can say right now is that my PB or GC or Designer are money, blood, thirsty people....I can not stand it anymore. What I learned from this experience is to be sure to research extensively before starting on this type of significant project, and include everything you possiblely want in the initial contact. Otherwise, every add on is way more expensive than what it would had been.

All I can say right now is that my PB or GC or Designer are money, blood, thirsty people....I can not stand it anymore. What I learned from this experience is to be sure to research extensively before starting on this type of significant project, and include everything you possiblely want in the initial contact. Otherwise, every add on is way more expensive than what it would had been.

^^^ this x 10!

So, we installed the patio door and big Windows in the master bedroom to be able to get into dry deck and pool form the bed room. Now, after the doors are installed, the two columns you see are in bricks and in the contract is for bricks to be repaired and frame the door with bricks. But I am having 2nd thoughts on that and think the doors and surrounding may look better if it is finished with wood trim and painted white/grey to match the doors and the siding of the house, and also make the area to be more open. what do you guys think? The PB wants to charge me $1000 extra for changing from bricks to wood and paint and leuder stone theadholdthe ahold for the doors. I need help in deciding. I can not believe that it will cost extra to switch from bricks to wood. I felt that I am being high jacked....... Maybe I am wrong. the guys who is doing the wood work can not figure out why will be extra either. a part of me want to stay with bricks just to stick it to the PB, but I do like the wood option better. What do you guys think?
ce6f499400e9436e89b13105e5590e3e.jpg
9ce0541857ea643c789efc330f6413bd.jpg
5dcdd199e6abb089b3bdd0f830732ac7.jpg

I need to decide quick.

Hmm, my first reaction is I like it in brick. I think if you switch it to the hardiboard/wood look...it may look like an "add on" and not original. By keeping it all in brick, it makes it look like it was always there (which it was...sort of). Not to mention another grand. He may just throw that number out there to deter you because he's ready to be done!

While I agree that a new wood trim would seem fresher and may appear to open up the space, I don't think the visual difference you would get changing to wood is worth the $1000. The brick looks very respectable and still ties into the brick on your house. Your new windows and doors look great by the way! - Karen

I,too, like the brick finish. It blends well with the structure on that side. The contrast between the columns and the door looks great IMO.
If you want to change, perhaps get someone else to do it. PB will only charge you way more.

I think it would look good either way. Probably more "original" with brick, but if anything it should cost less to do it with wood. I think the $1000 is a "let's get done" incentive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.