1.5 hp Hayward Super-flow LX bearing replacement

eddieb

May 24, 2014
New Jersey
Hi, replacing the bearings after 7 years, just a few questions for anyone who has done this before everything came apart fine the front bearing was shot but replacing both.

I know the bearings our self greased and sealed but wondering do you grease the bearing races heavily or just with a really fine coat? also does that wavery washer in the rear end bell get grease as well on both sides?.

I see the single screw holding the front end bell attaches to a lever like latch that grabs the bearing from behind, do i need that? it seems like something that just holds the front end bell aligned for you before attaching the pump with the 4 thru bolts

I could see the possibility of that working loose and causing a problem or if I really tightened that up putting uneven pressure on the front bearing see picture contains both the front end bell screw and that lever I mentioned. not sure if it should even have two, we got the pump brand new, maybe you just have a option of using top or bottom hole. I am going to install the bearings tomorrow. just looking for advice.

Thanks
Ed

Attachments

• end-bell.jpg
    end-bell.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 16
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.