Can I use an electrical outlet inside the house?

Hello Everyone,

We are getting ready to buy our first intex pool, which will be the small 10 x 30 metal frame round. We will also purchase the 1000 gph filter and the saltwater system based on the very helpful comments seen on this website.

My concern is that we have no electric outlets outside and so I was wondering if we could use the inside outlets? We would unplug when not running the filter.

Our backyard is pretty small and so the distance from the pool to the outlet will be less than 25 ft. As such, we wouldn't be using an extension cord. I know we can get an electrician but with the cost of leveling the huge slope and the pool equipment I was thinking we could wait before doing that.

Any suggestions please?

Only if the outlet is GFI protected. Electricity and water do not play well together. You NEED the GFI for safety.

If you decide to go ahead and use the extension cord, get one that has 12 Gauge wire (AWG 12 somewhere on the package). Anything smaller can cause your pump to overheat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.