So. Many. Frogs.

I was sitting by my pool a while back enjoying an adult beverage, just spacing out at the absolutely crystal clear water you and I have created together. It was getting pretty dark outside and I had the underwater light on. I started to hear some frogs. Then I started to see some frogs. Then there were probably 15-20 little frogs having a pool party. They were jumping in and swimming around and chirping at each other like they owned the place. I've never seen frogs use a chlorinated swimming pool before so I can only assume that it's because of the ph balance and the lack of chemicals that allows them to come and go unscathed. It's been like that every night for a month now and I haven't found any corpses so I can assume that they will be fine.

I think they are adorable and I don't mind sharing the pool with them as long as they don't mess it up. Is this normal and should I worry about them or the pool?

Three nights ago I had about a dozen frogs in my pool. Making lots of noise. Some of them were paired up. Next morning I had many eggs, which I scooped out. Also one dead frog on the bottom of pool, belly up and three huge and apparently dead worms. The last two nights I have had zero frogs other than the single frog that keeps getting in my skimmer basket. He always seems a little dazed after the pump has been running a while. About a month ago my pump seemed to lose prime. I switched it to high, and water eventually flowed again, but I had a pretty good sized dead frog in the pump basket. Borates in my pool doesn't seem to have repelled the frogs. For the most part the frogs don't bother me. They usually are not in the pool when I want to get in, and if they are I scoop them out and throw them over the fence into my neighbor's yard. :) They are cheaper than citronella candles or electric bug zappers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.