LifeTime Supporter
Apr 25, 2009
Burlington, ON, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I saw this new product at a local store. It's made by HTH...HTH Weekly Power Pod - 3 in 1 clarifier, enzyme cleaner and phosphate remover. It comes in one of those pouches that dissolve in water (like a laundry or dishwasher pod).

Ingredients listed on package are zirconium acetate and Pepsin A.

What is zirconium acetate and isn't Pepsin A for upset stomachs or something?

I also found this patent which sounds a lot like this product.

http://www.google.com/patents/WO2014071240A1?cl=en

(by the way, my pool water is fine - I don't use or plan to use this - I just noticed it as a new product at the store)

I definitely don't recommend it. We never recommend using combo products, where you have to pay for all three features, when you probably need at most one of them, if any. It is very unusual that you would need any of those things, just skip it.

Zirconium precipitates phosphate though I don't think it's as effective as lanthanum. Pepsin is an enzyme found in the stomach that breaks down proteins into peptide units. HTH is part of Arch Chemicals which is part of Lonza. Halosource is a separate company. So perhaps Halosource sold their patent to Lonza -- either that or it does look like they may be infringing upon it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.