Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My pool

1. Back To Top    #1

My pool

Here's a few pics of my pool, yard & patio.

The first pic is current. I lost a lot of vegetation from a very rare 2 day freeze we had here, so it looks a bit sad.
    The rest of the pics were from last year. I just didn't have a good pic of the pool shape from last year, to share.

The pool is 40' x 18' at the widest, plaster, play pool and is about 26 years old.

Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Buggs,

Absolutely gorgeous. I am sure Sean will be along soon to add it to the slideshow. Thanks for sharing.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you Divndk101. I'm going to have her replastered this winter, but it doesn't look as bad as you'd think being as old as it is. She holds water and is clean.
    Buggs

Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Very nice! Wish we lived where we could do a huge IG with all the tropical vegetation surrounding it.....oh to dream...
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

5. Back To Top    #5

Hey Buggs, nice pool! Can't believe it is 26 years old. Looks like you take very good care of her!

When I first started scrolling down to view the pics I immediately saw that swamp cooler on the roof of the house and it brought back memories. I lived in Ahwatukee for about 5 years in late 80's - early 90's. I miss tubing down Rio Salado and going to Rocky Point!
    7000 gallon IG freeform w/ 6 ft. spa, 21 ft weeping wall, Hayward SP4020NS Northstar pump, Colorlogic LED’s, DE6020 filter and H400IDL2 400,000btu heater. Aqua logic 8 zone controller with Aqua Rite salt chlorine generator, Stonescapes pebble finish – Aqua Blue and flagstone coping, stamped/stained concrete deck

6. Back To Top    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by divnkd101
    Buggs,

Absolutely gorgeous. I am sure Sean will be along soon to add it to the slideshow. Thanks for sharing.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Very nice! If you hadn't given away her age, I would have never known she wasn't new!!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

8. Back To Top    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mermaid Queen
    Very nice! If you hadn't given away her age, I would have never known she wasn't new!!
    Me either!! Yes, very nice!
    27' Round AGP, 17200 GAL, 2 HP/2 SPD Pump/Cartridge Filter.......BBB!

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks everyone. I sure try to keep the pool in good shape. Her plaster is wearing thin, though.

Txborn - You wouldn't believe how much it has changed here. The valley has grown so much. The streets and avenues go into the 300's and 400's on the west and east and is rapidly expanding to the North and South. Sleepy little Chandler and Ahwatukee are huge now. Avondale, Surprise and El Mirage would be missed if you blinked, but now, OMG, they are all big cities. It's been amazing to watch.
    Buggs

10. Back To Top    #10

Really nice pool for that age, it still looks new to me good work keeping it up all these years.
    Hope mine holds out that long.
    14+28 Gunite with Pentair Pinnacale pump and pentair Clean & Clear Filter and Aqua Rite SWG