Polaris Booster Pump QuickConnectors redesign

Jun 11, 2012
I contacted Polaris (Zodiac Pools) complaining about the QuickConnectors and the difficulty I had getting them to work. They emailed me back with this news:

Hello,

We have indeed redesigned the quick connectors for our booster pumps. Currently, our dealers have them. The difference, physically, is while the old connectors were white, the new ones are black and are much, much easier to install!

Technical Support

Zodiac Pool Systems, Inc.
2620 Commerce Way
Vista, CA 92081

Email: [email protected]

So good news. it would have been even better news if the new connectors were offered up as free replacements. Maybe my pool dealer will feel sorry for me and offer them for free. :confused:

I bet if you replied back and asked Zodiac directly they would send some out at no charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will give it a shot. btw, when I contacted my local dealer(where I purchased the booster pump and cleaner) to buy a set they hadn't heard of the new design... and since they had just received a shipment of the old hose and connectors they guessed their distributor was getting rid of all the old.

Can you post a pic of what you're talking about?

Here's a picture from the web:

41TPvMSKYrL._SX300_.jpg

If you'd like to see what it looks like installed on my system I can take a picture later today and post. I don't know what the redesign looks like.

Here's two actual pictures... the first from far away so you can see the four connections and hose:

quickconnectfar_zps7c9b7a55.jpg

And a closeup of one of the connectors... probably 1/8" to 1/4" away from having enough room to slip the red locking spacer in place.

quickconnectcloseup_zps8e251559.jpg

Ah. My system doesn't have that in it I don't think. My PB used 1.5" line for the BP, and it only has a Union on it, nothing like that. Maybe my guy did something custom? What's the issue with these, they break easy?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.