flap on skimmer doesn't move stays inside skimmer...stuff on top of water.

It bounces up and down but not back and forth (in and out) I am pretty sure that's not the way it should function. But theres return water and its strong. Here's the best pic I can get

Attachments

• 20140529_145606.jpg
    20140529_145606.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 20140529_145626.jpg
    20140529_145626.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 86
Could be the foam like Mark mentioned, but that picture looks normal to me. It should not go in and out of the skimmer. It should just bob up and down with water flowing over it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So check the back of the weir. It should have a foam block. If it there, then it could be waterlogged. You can usually find a replacement on the internet or make your own.

If it's not standing up when the pump is off, you need to check and make sure it's in the guide holes at the base of each side at the bottom of the door. (mine is spring loaded) if it is and you can move it freely with your hand when the pump isn't on, you need to replace the foam so it will float back to the standing position.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.