New pool owner needing help!!

I will go take a picture, but there is nothing on it telling me what the pressure is, Its just the type of filter that came with the pool.. I will go take a picture right now
4979efb0-a66f-47f6-bc08-0a93d9725248_zpse3fe8aad.jpg

What is the flow from the return like? Has it decreased since you filled the pool? Have you removed the filter cartridge for cleaning or replaced it?

Correction - there is a filter - it is under the return area. If you look inside the skimmer there is a lid that should open (turn ... pop off ... something) take that out and there should be a cartridge under it. Pull the cartridge and hose it down and put it back in.

I can't imagine that pool getting any better without a filter. Op will need to get a new motor and filter. That little pump will not push water through the sand.

(I wonder how she ended up with that combination....I have never seen that before.)

Oh yes, I have been cleaning that out daily, In the beginning the filter's were coming out orange and rusty because of the water. In three weeks I have gone through about 20 of them. Now it is at the point that I can get a couple days out of one. Just keep rinsing them out several times a day

- - - Updated - - -

This is the set up that came with the pool. Should I be getting something else. i was thinking about switching to Salt water system?? What's the advice?? Whatever will work to get this pool water clear I am all game for.

- - - Updated - - -

The return is wonderful, Still pumping the water through it at a good push.

WOW 20 cartridges. ouch.

I'm sure there is a way to hook up a sand filter/pump combo to that. I'll have to defer to one of the Above Ground Pool gurus for recommendations. I'm more a chemistry / inground motor replacement guru. We can keep rocking on the chemistry while the recommendations on a pump / filter combo roll in.

Sounds good to me!! Yes, 20 cartridges. ouch is right, but like I said what ever it takes at this point. I promise one thing I will NEVER EVER get water from the local FD ever again. I could have had this filled using my hose from the well by now and had no problems at all. I had a smaller pool than this for the past couple years and I never had this much trouble. It might get green/blue/cloudy and within a day I would have it crystal clear again. I am really getting frustrated.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It dropped back down to 2/3 mark so I added more bleach. I was cleaning it in good shape today also. I climbed in and vacuumed and scrubbed the sides and bottom. It made a big difference. The pool is greenish colored now, but I thinks it just cause I stirred everything up on the bottom. Def. buying a new vac tomorrow on payday. This one i am using is useless.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.