New pool pump recomendation

May 11, 2011
I have a 28 x 54" round above ground pool that I need to replace the pool pump. The filter is a Hayward S210T sand filter. It has a 1 1/2hp pump now but I was wondering if a 1hp 2 speed pump would be sufficient. The pool is 20,700 gallons. I am looking at the Hayward Sp15922s pump.

Thanks,

If I were buying a new pump, it would definately be 220v powered. A little wiring change, a different circuit breaker, and outlet will give you half the operating expense.
No it won't. It uses the same amount of power (watts). Power = Volts * amps. While the amps are 1/2 with a 230V pump, the voltage is double .... thus, same amount of power which is what you pay for.

Is your current pump bad, or just the motor, if it is just the motor you might consider replacing it with a 1.5 HP 2 speed motor and save some money.

Ike

p.s. most 2 speed motors are going to be wired 240V only, not sure how yours is now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.