Help! I have metals

Sep 12, 2013
Montgomery,Al
Hey guys...been noticing my liner had a yellowish tint in spots that I tought was fading due to suggested pool store chemicals added months ago. Been doing BBB for months now. Just did the vitamin C test and plain as day. Was just in the must of raising my CYA from 30-40 with sock method this morning. Here's my numbers. What should I do?

FC 5.0
CC - 0
PH 7.7
TA - 100
CH - 125
CYA - 30

Just put the cya sock in front of return,brushed walls and was about to vacum when I decided to to the Vit C test.....rainy here today and next few days. What's the best sequesturant? Need Step by step directions and hold my hand!
1b5d31e5d74dccc4a2105198d941e864_zps2fdcd9a1.jpg

Adding the CYA should not affect anything. Leave it in or take it out. Does not matter.
Are you planning to do the AA treatment?
If so, let the FC drop due to the sun.
The article lists the type of recommended sequestrant. And in the AA instructions tell you what to buy for that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Update on the AA treatment. Got FC down to 1, ph to 7.2. Added 2 lbs AA. Totally shocked how fast the stains started disappearing before my eyes. Let water circulate for 1/2 hr. Still had a few stains. Added another 2 lbs....liner looks brand new again!!! Will let filter run over night and begin slowly bringing FC back up....keeping fingers crossed the stains don't come back. Have more AA on order!

Ya know, I just realized that. Went back and read the treatment recommendations. I kept scratching my head thinking, what am I missing here....will see if I can find some tomorrow. I was running my filter overnight tonight. Do I need to do that or wait until I add the squestrant tomorrow?

Got ph down to 7.2 before AA treatment, now it looks lower than 7.0 (lowest # on Taylor k). Yes I have baking soda, borax, bleach

FC 0
CC 0
PH 6 something .
TA 75
CH 100
CYA 45

- - - Updated - - -

Should I raise PH FIRST to 7.2?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.