UltraPure Ozonator

May 27, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Is there anyone out there who has the Service Manual for UltraPure ozonators? By "Service Manual" I mean the document that provides the wiring diagram, installation instructions, exploded parts diagram, and so forth. My specific model is the UltraPure UPP25. Many thanks.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I have my doubts as we do not recommend the use of ozone in residential outdoor pools which encompasses a majority of our member. It is just not needed and provides no added benefit for the extra cost.

Are you having a problem with the unit itself? If so, I would suggest just removing it from your system and sticking with chlorine.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

They are fairly simple inside if you have not opened it up yet, but in my experience trying to find a wiring diagram is useless almost useless as they seem to have kept making changes to the wiring over the span of the production.

Ike

ps Inside it is vary similar to a florescent light fixture.

Thanks. The UltraPure was installed by the builder (Robertson Pools in Dallas, Texas) as part of the equipment "package". Our UltraPure is Model Number UPP25 -- two lamps. Ours has only a single power supply for both lamps, but now they are designed with two power supplies -- one for each lamp. I have two new lamps, and the power-supply kit (contains two power-supplies). Here is the issue. I have discussed my UltraPure and its installation with Brian at UltraPure. Brian seems unwilling to provide current design diagrams, and that is what I want. Since my UltraPure came with only one power supply, I am adding another and need a design diagram for the parts layout. On top of all this, Brian indicated that (based on my description) our unit is mounted upside-down. Our lamps are in the larger top section, and the power supply is in the smaller bottom section. I am an engineer, and fully capable of both electrical and physical rebuild -- but need a service manual to know the physical and electrical design layout. I cannot speak to the usefulness of the UltraPure, but we never shock our pool. Something -- chlorine or ozone -- is oxidizing out the chloramines and other organics.

None of us ever "shock" our pools either because maintaining adequate FC is all you need.

If you can not get the diagrams from UltraPure, then I am not sure where you will get them. Sounds like more hassle than it is worth to me ... any chance you can return all the new equipment you bought?

I bought the same upgrade as you did for my UPP-150?, mine was also originally an older style unit with dead single ballast transformer, and replacement kit came with a pair of smaller electronic single ones. And Brian? at sent me a wiring diagram, it is not much, but something, this was a few years ago so it may take me a bit to dig it up.

Ike

p.s. I have never done the switch out as I find even with an indoor pool I don't need the supplemental oxidation except after large pool parties, and then I just use MPS

Thanks. I finally just managed to get a wiring diagram from a parts seller. As you say, "it's not much". Now my mission is to find an "exploded parts" diagram so that I can see where the lamps and power supplies are physically located within the enclosure. Many feel the ozone generator is not useful, and I have no data to present one way or the other. I do think that our pool contractor (Robertson Pool, Dallas) is a qualified outfit. But, there is no Consumer Reports type of organization out there that does independent scientific comparative testing. We have a salt-water pool, and I did find an article (http://www.waterquality.net/upload/fmarticleso/Ozone_and_Salt_12.pdf) on the UltraPure website that at least discussed the basic chemistry. Irrespective of whether ozone generators are, or are not, useful -- I would never recommend an UltraPure product. The secrecy with which they treat their product information is worthy of the old Russian KGB. If anyone out there has an "exploded parts" diagram for the UltraPure UPP25, that would be great for me.

I have the wiring diagram for the upp25. It doesn't list wire colors for the components. Does anyone know which wires attach to which? So far I have connected each Tridonic's black wire to the Cord's black wire. I have connected each Tridonic's white wire to a white wire for each corresponding Lamp. So far so good? Each Lamp's other white wire is then connected to which wire for each Starter? My Starters have a brown and a red wire so I'm not sure which connects to each Lamp's white wire. The other Starter wire (red or brown?) for each Starter would then connect to one of each Lamp's black wires. The other black wires for the Lamps are then connected to the Cord's red wire. Can anybody clarify or confirm? A picture of someone's upp25 wiring would probably be super helpful.

Thanks.

Although I do not have this device, it's basically a standard fluorescent lamp. As such you can probably consult standard fluorescent wiring diagrams for how it is connected, and don't really need anything specific from the ozonator manufacturer.

Someone mentioned a starter and ballast, so that would be this, which is the old way of doing it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluorescent_lamp#mediaviewer/File:Fluorescent_Light.svg

Switching to an electronic inverter, the wiring is like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluorescent_lamp#mediaviewer/File:Fluorescent_Lamp_Inverter.png

An electronic inverter does not use a starter. You basically discard that component along with the old magnetic ballast.

The actual wiring for modern fluorescent inverters can vary greatly depending on if it's a 1, 2, or multiple lamp ballast. You need to look for a model number and manufacturer name on the new board / module, and then find the product manual on the web.

seanbirm01 mentions a company called Tridonic. Googling them:
http://www.tridonic.com/com/en/products/Electronic-fixed-output.asp

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.