skimmer weir

dd50

May 31, 2008
florida
Mine fell off when the kids were making big waves. How do you get it back on. Should you be on the inside of the pool or looking through the skimmer? Should the pool be on or off? What is the trick? I now need to go get a new one because me or my DD broke it when we were trying to get in on.

I never have put mine on even.

You didn't say what kind of pool you have but in an AGP the skimmer is the vacuum suction port. It's a major PITA to always remove the weir to vacuum, then replace it, so I've just left it off permanently.

I have an IGP and just got back from the pool store. My weir is a hayward and it has another piece that screws in. I just have to take the old one out and put in the new one with the flapper thing attached. Right now we are having a thunderstorm though. :cry: Without it the top doesn't really get skimmed. I have a suction side port for the vac but in my old pool I never had to disconnet the weir for the vac.

It depends on how it is connected to the skimmer. There are different ways it can be connected. You want the equipment turned off so you don't have to fight the suction.

Check to see how it connects. This will tell you whether going at it from inside the skimmer or from the pool side is the best way.

Did the weir break leaving part of it still attached to the skimmer?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.