Should I SLAM?

Wiggledog

LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2013
Souderton, PA
Everyday I put bleach in to raise my FC to 4 but each morning it keeps coming back as FC1 or 1.5 and CC .5. My PH is 7.4, ALK is 120. It stays the same pretty much everyday. I am concerned that the FC keeps going back to 1 or 1.5 everyday. Should I SLAM it? Pool is crystal clear.

You are not starting out with your FC...........HIGH...........enough is the problem.

^^^ This is the problem wiggledog. You have to keep a reserve of FC but by only targeting 4, you are depleting it before you ever really get it. As woody stated, you must go up to 7-8ppm and at the end of the day, you will have around 4ppm left over to keep algae away.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Last night I was going to put in 196 oz. of bleach, about 1 and a half bottles, but my husband got to it before I did and out in 2 bottles. This brought the FC up to 14. I just checked it this morning and it is down to 11. Numbers are:

FC 11
CC 0
PH 7.4
ALK 120
CYA 50

I am concerned about the drop in chlorine. Should I be?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.