Did I get screwed on this sand filter? How can I install it?

May 26, 2012
Northwest Tennessee
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I recently ordered the Intex 2100 sand filter for my 15x42 metal frame summer escapes pool. The only parts in the accessory box were what I assume are for the bubble top intex pools. This is not my photo but one I found online. http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mUC2KMRCGDUcs0yafq9w0eg.jpg

There's no way to connect it to my pool at all. Should I have received parts in the box to connect this pool? I ordered some B adapters so I could attempt to connect to my filter pump after removing the impeller but the connectors are too small for that and for my return so I'm stuck with them. I heard Intex's customer service isn't great and I need to get this pool running so I haven't bothered to submit a claim and wait. How can I connect this thing? I was looking at photos from another member here, Jamison04 at this link. http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...Series-13-quot-x22-quot-rectangular-questions . Assuming this is stock hose that was used, which I have but I'd need to buy a plunger and the adaptors wont fit on that stock hose. I think that's what's on the bottom of the plunger in that photo. What about the water inlet nozzle? Do I need a plunger and it'll work with the stock hose or do i need to order that entire assembly as well. Seems that most all of these parts should have been included but i read stories that a lot of ppl didn't get some/all of them. I sure seem to be looking at spending a lot of money just to get this filter to work.

Intex uses their own proprietary connectors. If you want to connect to other brands of equipment you need to find the correct adapters. There is no need to use Intex style hoses and connectors except right where you connect to the filter.

Intex uses their own proprietary connectors. If you want to connect to other brands of equipment you need to find the correct adapters. There is no need to use Intex style hoses and connectors except right where you connect to the filter.

Yes, I became quite aware of that and simply needed some help in ordering the correct parts to fit. Hopefully I have it figured out now and amazon should love me even more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.