Having issues getting pool clear

The 10 CYA level and the rest for that day came from the pool company doing the testing so no I'm not sure if that was accurate. They are the ones that told me to do stabilizer and acid. I did have tablets in the skimmer and floaters but removed them like was told here and to only use bleach. That's when I started seeing a true difference and yesterday was the first time I could see the bottom. It's not completely clear yet but now you see a change.
Now that I have the good test kit readings will be more accurate.
I will take the time to re read all the recommended things like pool school again and figure out this whole pool math thing.

I appreciate everything
L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
17,205gal, 27x52 AG, 300lb Cristal-Flo II sand filter 145362C, 2hp Dynamo 2speed pump DYNII-N2-2, Install date June 2012, Hayward Aqua Critter ( have not used )

I didn't test everything but this morning this is what I got:

CL was still orange
Ph closer to 7.5
FC 50
CC 2
TC 52

CYA 50

I've got to head to work. This evening I'll test again but it's now raining....... I'm sure raining is going to make a difference too.....
I'll have my daughter vacuum if it's not raining later this morning.

L

17,205gal, 27x52 AG, 300lb Cristal-Flo II sand filter 145362C, 2hp Dynamo 2speed pump DYNII-N2-2, Install date June 2012, Hayward Aqua Critter ( have not used )

That FC is crazy high. CYA will never change that much without adding it or draining large amounts of water. I'd test it again and when you do, get a reading then dump sample back into squeeze bottle and do it again with the same sample. You can refill and retest the same CYA sample multiple times. It should be consistent.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ok just got home, daughter did vac today. Doesn't look like she needed to add more water.

Testing as of now
Chlorine still orange
PH 7.5

FC 22
CC 2
TC 24
CH 250
TA 420
CYA 50

CYA I did three different times as soon as I could no longer see the black dot and it was completely cloudy it read 50

It looked better yesterday then it does today.
I'm headed to get another 15 gal of bleach for tonight after I run the vac again.

ok so all I need to be doing at this point is dumping in bleach, vacuuming and brushing the bottom and sides and testing to make sure I'm keeping the FC high?

by doing this the pool will clear up?
it's still cloudy, but can see the bottom little.....

L

Yep. Lots of brushing and keep an eye on your filter. Only need to test FC and CC till you're done.

Speaking of filter... gauge working? If so, back wash whenever the pressure rises 20 to 25% of when it's clean. Clean meaning the pressure reading right after you've Backwashed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if this new gauge is working right so the pool company ordered me another and I can get it tomorrow..... but the one that is on the filter now went up to about 7-8 when I vacuumed and when I backwashed it dropped down to zero but I've not seen it get any higher then that......

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ok to keep the FC level up to 20+ with my CYA at 50 the only thing I've not came across in all this reading is how much bleach to add every night...... dumping in 10-15 gals every night is getting kind of costly and if I could get by with only doing around 5-6 wouldnt be so bad........

does anyone have any suggestions on that or have I missed that somewhere?

L

yse2yjen.jpg
yhypybam.jpg

ok so my FC is 22 and the CYA is 50.....so that needs to be listed under target and not now?

I guess I'm totally confused with this whole pool math thing....... I thought the number I got with my test kit goes in the NOW row and the TARGET row is the number that came from the recamended site where they should be once the pool is stable and clear......

What you said is right, but not what your picture showed. Except columns and not rows. Well, the target is what you want change to with a chemical addition, not some future number.

Read the article Pool School about PoolMath.

Ok I've read the pool math page over and over and over again......

baryjume.jpg

It says to enter MY test results in the "NOW" column...... Mine are as listed in the pics above..... FC 22, pH 7.5, TA 420, CH 250, CYA 50

Then it says to select a "GOAL" level from the ranges suggested and enter that in the "GOAL" column.......So for a vinyl pool using bleach I put FC 5 (in the middle of 3-7), pH 7.5, TA 80 (in the middle of 70-90+), CH 250 (I'm within 0-300), CYA 50 (I'm within 30-50)

By doing what pool math says to do everything stays at zero nothing added.

But you're saying I have those backward and to swap them.......??

I did that and then yes it says to add 5.5 jugs.....

u4ybane2.jpg

L

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.