Pittsburgh, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
I'm looking to replumb the return lines in the photo for a slide. I'm thinking that my best bet would be to attach a three way valve to the closest return in the photo. That way I could shut off that return line when using the slide. Would that be best accomplished by inserting a three way valve on that return alone or is there a better method? I'm guessing that I would need to adjust the valve so it doesn't run in the typical inlet T configuration to make this happen. That seems like the easiest solution but I don't want to cause other problems. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 53
I would just add a T into your existing return line and put a conventional cut off valve on it.

On a side point is that a T with a 1/2 or 3/4 inch fitting in the lower right corner of the photo?

I'm pretty sure that the T fitting that you see is related to the salt generator. It has some sort of wire that comes out of it and connects to that system but I don't really know it's purpose.

Thanks for the replies. It sounds like I am on the right track with either option.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.